Christie-Tyler duo win copying case
- Sofa stars come out to win DuPont accolades. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p3
Features the Dupont upholstery awards for sofas in Great Britain. List of winners in five categories; Enumeration of judges; Composition of the award.
- Product awards 1999: Motion upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p12
Highlights the recipients of the 1999 Product Awards for the motion upholstery category in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Radford Furniture Co. for its 12-motor massage recliner chair; Townsend Associates for introducing motion mechanisms into two- and three-seater sofas.
- NEW AT MARKET: STATIONARY UPHOLSTERY. // Furniture/Today;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p82
Features several furniture upholsteries from various manufacturers in the United States. Includes, products from Ashley Furniture; Finishes of sofas from Atlantic International Trade; Highlights of the Trinidad collection by Bassett Upholstery; Design of the Hues collection by Broyhill.
- Patently obvious defence. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p3
Discusses a Court of Appeal judgement in Great Britain which removed copyright protection for surface designs. Impact of the ruling on furniture manufacturers and designers; Requirement for companies to register separate drawings of the three-dimension shape and the surface decoration of their...
- FEATURE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Macdonald, Dids // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2011, Issue 5733, p20
The article offers advice about intellectual property (IP) in the furniture industry in Great Britain. It states that IP is one of the most valuable assets of any business and it is the collective umbrella description for patents, trademarks, copyright and design rights. It adds that reducing...
- Casual styling, function driving occasional growth. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/31/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p36
The article reports on the redesign of occasional furniture in the U.S. It states that occasional furniture buyers will likely see more casual and relaxed designs in the category, linked more closely with upholstery frames and simpler living styles in the great room environment. It adds that it...
- Creating a feeling of grand opulence. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;11/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p32
The article presents the first part of a series about fabric-to-frame design and merchandising. An example of combination of fabric and frame with insight from the merchandiser on what makes the combination work is presented. Opulent fabrics, pairing of subtle Asian influences with stripes, mix...
- Traditional prints back with a bang at LDW. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p6
Describes the designs of upholstery fabrics at the London Design Week from March 14-16, 2004. Dominant colors; Cole & Son; JAB Anstoetz; Fox Linton; Aim to promote optimism in an uncertain economic climate.
- Ital Art Design plans to add to upholstery line in Vegas. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/5/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p2
The article reports that upholstery importer and manufacturer Ital Art Design will introduce an upholstery collection which include high-end fabrics, hardwood frames, and a shelter sofa, in the Las Vegas Market in August 2010.