- Crowson silent on fabric firms takeover talk. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p4
Reports the acquisition of GP&J Baker and Monkwell Fabrics by Silentnight and Crowson Fabrics in Great Britain. Refusal of the Silentnight to comment on the issue; Publication of the interim results; Sales of Parker Knoll Fabrics, Raymakers and Fardis.
- Silentnight USA sale will finance UK expansion. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p4
Reports the expansion by acquisition of bed and cabinet group Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain.
- Silentnight deal cleared. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p2
Reports on the deal clearance issued by the Office of Fair Trading on the acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holding in Great Britain. Opposition of the Retailer Action Group to the deal; Opinion of Bill Simpson, Silentnight chief executive officer, on the issue.
- Clarkes make another takeover attempt. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p4
Reports on the plans of Soundersleep holding company to buy Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. Percentage of share planned to be bought by the company; Amount of projected money offered by the company; Impact of the acquisition plan on the performance of Soundersleep.
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Silentnight sells Stag in MBO. // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005, Issue 5440, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Silentnight Furniture by Stag Furniture UK in Europe. Increase in sales of Stag furniture; Plan of the company to compete with imports through service and delivery; Views of company executives regarding the matter.
- Parker Knoll joins Christie-Tyler stable. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p3
Reports on the purchase of Parker Knoll by Christie-Tyler from Silentnight Group in Great Britain. Nee d for changing some of the product without hurting the quality; Comment of Christie-Tyler chief executive Scott Malvenan on acquiring the brand; Negotiation on the sale of the Nathan brand.
- Lay-E-Zee in merger with Silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;2/15/2008, Issue 5575, p38
The article reports on the consolidation of the two major manufacturers in the bedding industry including Silentnight and Lay-E-Zee to form the second largest bed manufacturing group in Great Britain in February 1971. It is stated that the merge will be boosting the capital for the expansion of...
- Spring is in the air for Crowson collections. // Cabinet Maker;4/12/2002, Issue 5282, p5
Reports the launch of nine traditional and contemporary collections of fabrics by Crowson Fabrics. Features of the fabrics; Texture of the fabrics; Design of the cloth.