MBO at Gordon John Textiles
- Management Team Acquires National Textiles. Rodie, Janet Bealer // Textile World;Jul2003, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p14
Reports that members of the management team of National Textiles LLC have acquired a majority interest in the company from its financial investors. Corporate history; Significance of the move to the company.
- WPS OKs plan to take mill private. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;03/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p2
Focuses on United States-based textile firm WestPoint Stevens board of directors' approval of a plan to take the company private. Chairman Holcombe Green and other unnamed investors' plan to buy most of the company's publicly traded stock; Questions about how the deal is going to be done and...
- Still Battling. Panchak, Patricia; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Oct2003, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p14
Presents updates on the efforts of Aaron Feuerstein, CEO of Malden Mills Industries Inc. to repurchase the textile company from creditors who pushed into Chapter 11 in November 2001. Purchase price of the company; Percentage of the firm owned by creditors, led by GE Corp. Financial Services;...
- Acquisition of Ira L. Griffin. // Melliand International;Mar2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the acquisition of all technologies and market rights of the Ira L. Griffin Sons Company, Charlotte/USA by the Karl Mayer Textilemaschinenfabrik GmbH, Obertshausen/Germany. It is suggested that Karl Mayer will increase its market presence in beaming and sizing with its...
- The management miss-out. van de Vliet, Anita // Management Today;Nov96, p62
Focuses on the management buy-outs (MBO) and venture capital market trend in Great Britain. Venture capital firms acting as the principal; Institutional investors' introduction of the management buy-in (MBI) as an alternative way of adding value to turnaround situations with growth potential;...
- Former manager buys Caguas plant. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;3/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p4
Presents information on the purchase of a Caguas plant in Puerto Rico by former manager Rafael A. Carballo. How he was financed; Amount of jobs saved; Expected sales for first year; What the plant makes.
- Chart moves carefully in management buy out. Weaver, Bill; Schoenlaub, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p29
Outlines issues which need to be addressed in a management buy out. Determining the viability of a division as a standalone unit; Deciding members of the buy out group; Deciding optimum structure of a sale.
- Less fizz, more bottle. Beresford, Philip // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p56
Presents charts illustrating management buy-outs in Great Britain as of 1995. Flotations by buy-out equity arrangers; Buy-out participants who have become millionaires; Buy-out and buy-in flotations from July 1994-June 1995.
- Things to consider when you're thinking about buying out the boss. Peplow, Reginald // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p8
Offers tips to ensure the success of a management buyout (MBO). Assessment of the quality of the management team; Meeting with legal and accountancy firms specialized in MBOs; Formation of a buyout vehicle; Consideration of the emotional effects of the buyout.