CRM Dead? Not a Chance
- Six Legal Safeguards to Take. Charapp, Michael // Ward's Dealer Business;Feb2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p35
The article presents information on several suggestions that are helpful for a car dealer in understanding where losses are most predictable. Several suggestions presented include the implementation of an F&I compliance program and establishing a sound hiring decisions. Other suggestions include...
- Quality Matters, but Service Is Tops. Raynal, Wes // AutoWeek;7/19/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p14
The article presents the author's comments on the importance of good customer service in the automobile industry. He says that major automakers like Lincoln and Audi are now focusing on improving customer service to increase their sales. He says that another purpose of these programs is to bring...
- Hit Every Opportunity. Urbanowicz, Rob // Ward's Dealer Business;Mar2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p40
Gives ideas and suggestions on how to effectively capture and manage customer information across the dealership to better target customers. Role of customer relationship management (CRM) in customer information management; Challenge for CRM to make it easy for customers to do business with...
- VW wants more fleet customers in German market. Krogh, Henning // Automotive News Europe;9/19/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p38
Focuses on the intention of Volkswagen (VW) to strengthen its business with larger fleet customers in Germany. Objective of the test-car initiative launched by the company for its major customers; Base margin for VW dealers; Price of the Fox minicar launched by the company for its fleet customers.
- IN THE LONG RUN. HARRIS, DONNA // Automotive News;11/7/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 6489, p20
The article reports that to attract and retain high-mileage customers, some automobile dealers in the U.S. are competing aggressively with aftermarket shops. Lithia Motors Inc. has seen an influx of older vehicles in its shops since the launch of its Value Autos line. According to consultant...
- Yippie, We Got a Problem! Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Jul2005, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p9
Reports on Maritz Research's introduction of Customer Connect, a program that alerts automobile dealers of dissatisfied sales or service customers within 24 hours, and allows a fast resolution. Maritz's study of customer satisfaction; Availability of the service.
- Use Customer's Preferred Means of Communication. Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses the importance of determining the preferred means of communication of a customer in order for an automobile dealership to establish a line of communication. Customers must select the channel of communication, which could in person, on the telephone or through electronic...
- Auto Tech Manners 101. Cummins, Larry // Ward's Dealer Business;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p60
The article focuses on the issue of automobile dealership employees' respect for the customer. The author claims that the hardest part of the job is instilling the importance of being professional and focused on customer satisfaction. He suggests ways to teach employees to respect customers...
- Why Customers Leave. Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Sep2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the reasons why customers leave an automobile dealership without purchasing a car in the U.S. in 2005. Vehicle price; Way they were treated by sales staff; Desired vehicle out of stock.