FROM GUMBO TO PIE: 'THE JOY OF SOY'
- Do the wave. Clark, Amy Rosenbaum // Vegetarian Times;Jun94, Issue 202, p14
Features White Wave's Reduced Fat Tofu, made from organic soybeans. Fat content; Ingredients; Tub tofu from Vitasoy; Contact information.
- dish OF THE MONTH. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov2013, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p16
A recipe for Curried Tofu Scramble is presented.
- chicken fingers, minus the chicken. Taylor, Marygrace // Kiwi;Aug/Sep2010, p52
The article presents recipes including Crunchy Tofu Fingers and Marinara Dipping Sauce.
- A sampling of soyfoods. Herman, Phyllis // Health News Naturally;Fall95, p21
Presents the health benefits of soyfoods. Natural medicinal effects of soyfoods; Preference of tofu in the United States; Incorporation of tofu in prepared burgers; Various flavors of soymilk; Use of miso in soups, stews, sauces and salad dressings; Recipes demonstrating the versatility of tofu.
- tofu. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2329
An encyclopedia entry for "tofu," which refers to soybean curd, it is also a dietary source of proteins, isoflavones and phytoestrogens, is presented.
- Hate Tofu? Not After You Read This. Sullivan, Karin Horgan // Self;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p66
Details the health benefit of tofu. Daily dosage of soy that can help reduce the risk of heart disease; Way to sneak tofu into the diet.
- Soybean Curd, Anyone? Carroll, Allison // Backpacker;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p35
Suggests backpackers to consider consuming tofu. Some tofu recipes; Reason for dehydrating tofu; Eating and cooking options for baked tofus. INSET: Popcorn With An Attitude, by Paul Cleveland.
- Chew on This. // Spirituality & Health;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p39
The article provides information on the health benefit of several soy food products, including edamame which is a good source of iron, tofu which contains manganese, copper, and zinc, and roasted soy nuts which can help keep energy levels steady throughout the day.
- All You Can Eat. // Women's Health;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p94
The article reports on the nutritional content of one-half cup of tofu.