Demos fuel Asian's growth
- Asian dishes go mainstream. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p90
Focuses on the inclusion of Asian dishes in the menu of school food service facilities in the United States. Information on several popular Asian dishes; Educational campaign for students to learn more about Asian foods.
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- A hit with all grades. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p116
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in school cafeterias in the United States. Specialties served at the King and Low-Heywood Thomas School in Stamford, Connecticut; Comments from food service directors; Chinese dishes offered at Glendale Unified District schools in California.
- ACCESSIBLE ASIAN. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on Asian cuisine. Information on dipping sauce for Asian finger foods; Reason for the implementation of Asian cuisine at East Side Union High School District in San Jose, California; Features of Middle Eastern cuisine at the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Street Cred: Translating Asian Street Food. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p38
The article reports on the popularity of Asian street food as university and school dining options. Chef Mai Pham, who signed a deal with Sodexho to bring her concept Star Ginger Asian Grill & Noodle Bar to college campuses, says that street food works well with a casual campus dining...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.