PROCESSED ACREAGE TO DROP 14%: Spring vegetable area forecast for 8% boost
- 2002 PROJECTION: Acreage for winter vegetables down 6%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p60
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the winter quarter of 2002. Decline the area planted for spring onions; Acreage of Broccoli in California; Forecasted acreage for Florida winter tomato.
- FOR 13 SELECT ITEMS: Spring vegetable acreage down 3%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p100
Reports on the three percent decline in vegetable acreage forecasts for spring 2000. Estimated acreage for spring harvest of select melons; Projected strawberry acreage; Projected total planted onion acreage for all seasons in 2000.
- U.S. fresh-market vegetable acreage up slightly. Hollis, Paul // Southwest Farm Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p18
The article reports on the slight increase in fresh-market vegetable acreage in the U.S. in the spring of 2011.
- Fall '99 Market Outlook: Fresh vegetable acreage down 1%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p84
Presents forecasts on fall 1999 harvest acreage for selected fresh market vegetables in the United States. Snap beans; Broccoli; Carrots; Cauliflower; Eggplant; Tomatoes.
- COMPARED TO LAST YEAR: Fresh vegetable acreage unchanged. Thienpoint, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p48
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the fall quarter of 2002. Vegetables with predicted increase in acreage; Decline in the projected acreage on the fall harvest of broccoli in California; Rise in area forecasted for melon harvest; Forecast on...
- Great cooking relies on great growing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/29/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4321, p17
Presents the views of organic farmer Lee Jones, of the Chef's Garden in Huron, Ohio, regarding the working relationship between top chefs and farmers. Chef clients of Jones; Information on how Jones grows different varieties of vegetables and herbs; Comment from Jones on harvesting vegetables;...
- Thinking Globally, Living Locally! // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
The article explores the global harvests of fruits and vegetables. It is stated that there are lots of concerned groups around the world that promote ecological, healthy living, and local economies such as biological or local products. In autumn, many cultures celebrate harvest festivals...
- MELON HARVEST UP 9%: Fall fresh vegetable acreage up 4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p58
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables for the fall quarter of 2001 in the United States. Vegetables included in the acreage increase forecast; Projected rise in the fresh market acreage of cabbage; Forecast on the fall acreage of California's celery harvest.
- Forecast. Thienpoint, Charles // Restaurant Business;3/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p122
Forecasts prices of farm produce in the United States for the second quarter of 1994. Meat; Canned produce; Frozen produce; Eggs; Coffee; Shortening and oils.