THE MARKET: B&Is employ varied tactics to up capture
- New 1997 public companies. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p80
Presents a charts showing food service companies which went public in the United States in 1997. Company name; Shares offered; Offer price; Closing price.
- How corporate f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p113
Focuses on corporate food service in the United States, looking at its performance. Percentage increase in daily cafeteria sales; Rise in cafeteria revenues; Amount of the annual revenue which is accounted for by lunch; Challenges faced by corporate food service; How the provision of dinner...
- Performance report for 150 top B&Is. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p113
Presents statistical information relating to the performance of the food service departments of selected corporations in the United States. Total food service sales in 1996; Total number of daily meals served categorized by type of meal.
- There's Something Fishy Going on Here. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports the transformation of Jenks Junior High School's ordinary-looking cafeteria into an underwater paradise in Rhode Island. Inclusion of equipments and furniture; Concept of the transformation; Contributions of the foodservice provider.
- Say so long to the traditional cafeteria setup. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p49
Comments on the demise of the traditional cafeteria setup in schools, hospitals and military bases in the United States. Use of brands to boost revenue in foodservice; Decline in the use of board plans; Change in basic format of service delivery.
- The Year Ahead. King, Paul // FoodService Director;12/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The author discusses features that the magazine will be adding in 2011, including feature articles on 30 foodservice professionals all under the age of thirty, profiles of foodservice professionals in various job categories, and examples of operators who have brought innovative practices to...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- ON-SITE FUTURE POWER PLAYERS . // Nation's Restaurant News;6/16/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p39
Introduces articles in the June 16, 2003 issue of the 'Nation's Restaurant News.' Change in the perception of cafeteria workers.