TRENDS: More facilities offer take-home FTE counts up
- Corporate Chefs. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/15/2003 Supplement, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p6
Presents a exclusive survey on research chef in the U.S. Length of experience in food service; Average salary per year; Participation in non-work-related hobbies.
- OUT IN FRONT. // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
A chart is presented that shows the results of the "2009 FoodService Director Menu Development Survey" on whether operators do some form of display or exhibition cooking in their units.
- People's Choice. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p163
The article focuses on a survey on various restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Oceanaire Seafood Room is the standout favorite in 2005, winning an impressive five superlatives--best overall restaurant, downtown restaurant, most-romantic restaurant, seafood restaurant and best place to take...
- SURVEY SAYS. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p163
The article focuses on a survey related to restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Oceanaire Seafood Room has been given the title of the Best Overall restaurant and Best Downtown restaurant. Kona Jack's has been rated the best Northside Restaurant. Various other restaurants which have earned...
- ROOM SERVICE STILL MINORITY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on a survey on the percentage of hospitals that offer room service in the U.S. in 2006. According to the FSD Hospital Census, despite the success of room service in hospitals that have implemented it, only 29 percent of hospitals offered the concept. Among hospitals that do,...
- Service matters. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p21
The article provides data from a survey on the things customers don't like when eating at restaurants in the U.S. that include poor service, noise caused by crowds, food, prices, traffic and the difficulty of finding a parking space.
- Parents prise Oliver. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/13/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4420, p8
The article presents information about a survey of parents which has praised Jamie Oliver for providing better quality of school meals than those provided by the government of Great Britain. The study by the British Market Research Board, which interviewed 540 parents, found that three-quarters...
- We love the food that others make. Ruthven, Phil // BRW;7/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p26
Discusses a 2004 Australian survey on the value of spendings in food and food services, including liquor in 2003 to 2004. Cost of home-prepared meals; Revenues of fast food chains.
- FEAR OF FOOD. Tane, Jackie // Restaurant Business;Nov2008, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the survey conducted by the Washington D.C.-based Food Marketing Institute on people concerned about the food they eat in 2008. According to the survey, 59% of customers indicate that they are extremely concerned due to their inability to see how food is handled. It found...