ONE UP-AND-RUNNING, ONE RENOVATING: Harrison hospitals near Seattle do room service, upgrade cafes
- For Patient Orders: Washington hospital switches to palm-tops. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the implementation of palm-top ordering at Harrison Memorial Hospital in Bremerton, Washington. Cost of the palm-tops; Problem under the palm-top system; How patient food satisfaction is checked.
- Clear the floor. Thornton, Don // Health Facilities Management;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p34
Describes how Harrison Memorial Hospital in Bremerton, Washington improved its corridors to make them better looking and safer. Creation of a multiskilled, cross-divisional team to work on the problem; Assessment of the problem; Communication of the committee's mission; Initiation of changes...
- 1999 Design awards. Croswell, Camille L. // Modern Healthcare;10/11/99, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p35
Focuses on the hospitals in the United States that won in the 1999 Design Awards sponsored by the `Modern Healthcare' and the American Institute of Architects' Academy of Architecture for Health. Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, Oregon; Harrison Memorial Hospital in Bremerton,...
- Regional news. // Modern Healthcare;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p28
Presents news briefs about health care in the different regions of the United States as of December 14, 1998. Amount to be paid by Lowell General Hospital to settle federal charges that it failed to properly track and control the drugs within the facility; Information on an order for Sparks...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.