LOOKING UP: 'NEW ECONOMICS'
- Mid Year: Fewer menu price increases, labor cuts. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p50
Presents a business outlook for the food service industry for the first half of 1999. Trends that will have a significant impact on operations across all market segments; Rate of labor-cuts; Rate of price increases; Status of labor spending.
- MEALS AT CHILDCARE CENTERS UP 106%: Foodservice in institutions records 28% growth in '90s. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the sales performance of the food service industry in the United States. Gains in institutional service; Increase sales in child care facilities; Decrease in hospitals sales.
- Re-Engineering a Foodservice Brand. // CSP;Aug2012, p74
The article discusses how to re-engineer a food service brand.
- Services that deliver. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, HMR news p32
Focuses on the restaurant delivery services in the United States. Benefits for foodservice operators and their consumers; Menu guides published by the Restaurant Delivery Services Associations and the Takeout Taxi system; Complexity of the delivery business; Mass marketing for restaurants...
- VIEWPOINT: MORE THAN A MEAL. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the characteristics of non-commercial food service in the United States. Comparison of non-commercial food service and commercial operations; Nutrition education programs from food service operators; Activities of non-commercial food service operators.
- Cook-to-inventory kitchen still the wave of the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/07/98, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on Cini-Little International's survey which determined the percentage of health-care foodservice operations that use the cook-to-inventory kitchen concept. Labor savings and greater control of the production process as the touted benefits of the cook-to-inventory kitchen; Advantages of...
- GPO CENSUS: GPOs expand value services for members. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p50
Reports on the increased services offered by group purchasing organizations to food service customers. Increase in the number of dietitians; Nutrition services and assistance in menu planning; Availability of electronic procurement services.
- RESTAURANT ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/6/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4259, p14
Provides updates on the restaurant industry as of February 6, 2003. Restaurant offered by chef Ray Neve in Teddington, Middlesex; Expansion plan of the Ma Potters restaurant; Sale of the Oxford Arms restaurant.
- Closing a Chapter, Starting a New One. Asprooth, Ted; Westra, Abbie // Fare Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the authors cite the end of publication of "Fare" magazine, but continuing the coverage of the foodservice industry through "CSP" magazine and announce the sixth annual Foodservice at Retail Exchange (FARE) conference to be held in Schaumburg,...