COVERING 3,700 IN NON-TRADITIONAL: Tricon co-op signs with Instill
- Tricon outlines strategies to boost U.S. sales, grow abroad. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/09/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p4
Reports on efforts by United States firm Tricon Global Restaurants Inc. to boost its sales. Operation of Taco Bell Corp., Pizza Hut Inc. and Kentucky Fried Chicken Corp. units; Plan to sell junk bonds; Number of units operated in the United States and in other countries; Targeted sales; Plan to...
- You say 'good buy,' UFPC says hello. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p77
Presents a corporate profile for Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op LLC, an organization which took exclusive responsibility of billions of purchases for Yum! Brands Inc. in the U.S. Corporate history; Executive management; Coverage of the company's purchasing powers.
- 'If there's not one near you now, there soon will be.'. Brailsford, Ian // New Zealand Journal of History;Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the establishment of the U.S. fast food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) in New Zealand in 1971. American influence on food and drink consumption in New Zealand; Expansion of KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonald's in New Zealand; Remarkable aspect of the arrival of U.S. fast-food chains in...
- And They Call Them 'Value' Meals. // Good Medicine;Winter2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Reports the launch of a drive-thru restaurant by Kentucky Fried Chicken in Beijing, China in 2003.
- RED HUTS NO MORE. // Food Service - Grill;Aug2007, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the decision of Restaurant Brands to close the dine-in restaurants of its Pizza Hut chain in New Zealand. The decision was in response to the continuing revenue losses of the chain. The company intends to close 15 outlets and concentrate on the takeaway and home delivery...
- Horrors in the Courts. Reiland, Ralph // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on lawsuits filed against chain restaurants in the United States. Hate crime lawsuit against Pizza Hut; Damages against KFC; Lessons that can be learned from the lawsuits.
- Yum maps out plan to boost U.S. sales. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p4
The article reports that Yum! Brands Inc. has outlined long-term plans to improve domestic sales following a decline in same-store sales of its restaurant chains in the U.S. Taco Bell suffered a 7 percent decrease in same-store sales, while KFC and Pizza Hut posted a 3 percent decline. Yum's...
- Publisher's Letter. Gould, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/15/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 41, special section p3
The article focuses on the 10th anniversary of U.S.-based Yum! Brands. Yum! is the largest restaurant company in the world. It has about 35,000 restaurants in more than 110 countries and territories. Four of its brands are global leaders. These brands are KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and...
- Pilot plans to launch 15 new branded units in '95. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;3/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p76
Reports on Pilot Corp.'s plan to open 15 Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and Pizza Hut restaurants in 1995. Other restaurants operated by the company; Expansion efforts; Location of the KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants in Pilot's travel centers; Details of Pilot's business operations.