TO HELP WITH SCHOOLWORK: Teen worker limits reviewed
- More stifled growth. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p114
Focuses on several labor laws in the United States. Accusation faced by Frayda Levin, vice-president of Regent Book Co.; Provisions under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Coverage of the Worker Adjustment and Re-training Notification Act; Fair Labor Standards Act. INSET: Hot tips.
- Washington Report. French, Elliott // Training & Development Journal;May67, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p57
Reports on legislative bills related to occupational training and development in the U.S. Human Investment Act; Prouty Bill.
- Government. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep70, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p62
Reports on legislative bills pertaining to labor in the U.S., compiled as of September 1970. Signing of 'misgiving and strong reservations,' a bill giving public employees the right to engage in collective bargaining and a limited right to strike over wages; Bill permitting state and local...
- Conference for jobs bill with hospital IT, FMAP measures. // AHA News;3/22/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p3
The article announces the passage of the American Workers, State and Business Relief Act or H.R. 4213 in the U.S. Senate, which will be subjected to a House and Senate conference to address the differences between the two versions of the legislation.
- Colorado Law Ends Taboo on Wage Comparison Talk. WIECZOREK, DAVE // InsideCounsel;Oct2008, Vol. 18 Issue 203, p71
The article reports that Colorado became the fourth state to adopt the Wage Transparency Act which prohibits employers from taking adverse actions against employees who discuss their wages with others. The entry notes that the adoption of the law will prompt more employers to pay more attention...
- Measure spawns cottage industry. Kiger, Patrick J. // Workforce Management;1/19/2009, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that while the U.S. industry tend to fear the Employee Free Choice Act as a potentially ruinous move for them , the prospective legislation promises to provide a spurt of business for lawyers. Law firms are marketing an ever-increasing array of services, ranging from...
- A public policy shell game? Rutman, Irvin D. // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Summer1999, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Examines the evolution and status of the Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999, a bill for psychiatric rehabilitation in the United States. Goal of the bill; Areas covered by the bill; Introduction of an identical bill in the Senate and House of Representatives; Opposition of some politicians...
- Federal law on employee privacy will likely open the litigation floodgates. Prencipe, Loretta W. // InfoWorld;03/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p64
Discusses the proposed bill Notice of Electronic Monitoring Act pending in the United States Congress which seeks to protect the privacy of employees. Highlights of the bill; Sponsors of the bill; Significance of the bill.
- Jobs: Senate Bill Ends Debate, Moves Closer to Passage. Hunter, Pam; Schwartz, Eileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/1/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Senate to advance a jobs bill on February 22, 2010, which includes provisions for extending the expiration date of the Highway Trust Fund and expanding the Build America bond program.