'EXPERTS' WEIGH IN, STUDIES ABOUND: Soda in schools issue ignites flurry of commentary
- Another Difficult Year. Cirillo, Jennifer // Beverage World;4/15/2010, Vol. 129 Issue 4, pS11
The article examines the performance of the carbonated soft drinks market in the U.S. for 2008 and 2009.
- Searching for sparkle. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);4/20/2005, p38
The article reports that carbonated beverages are losing market share to products that consumers view as less sugary and more healthy, such as mineral waters and juices. The Great Britain carbonates sector is lacking fizz as public health concerns and competition from other soft drinks, such as...
- Will Soda Pop Fizzle Out? // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/18/2002, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the ban of soda pop across public schools in Los Angeles, California. Minimization of weight problems among children; Correlation of the higher risk of heart disease and diabetes with soda drinking; Promotion of healthful eating habits among children. INSET: A Bubbling Controversy.
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: BEVERAGE SYSTEMS. Bean, Russell L. // Restaurant Business;Aug2006, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p72
The article focuses on the changing trends in dispensing of beverages. Though the pumps, gas propulsion and chilling systems remain without much change, exciting innovations are taking place at the delivery point. Draft beer dispensing systems have taken a grip in the market to meet the tastes...
- THE TYRANNY OF CHOICE. Dawson, Havis // Beverage World;01/15/2001, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the soft drinks industry in the United States. Terms used interchangeably with soft drinks; Sales of soft drinks compared to bottled water.
- Battle rages over tax on soda drinks. // Active Living;May2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on the fight made by the soda industry against a soda tax being debated before the District of Columbia Council.
- More CSD manufacturers jump on the flavor bandwagon. // Drug Store News;6/17/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p114
Talks about the sales performance of the carbonated soft drinks segment among drug stores in the U.S. as of June 2002. Top ten carbonated beverage brands in drug stores for the fifty two weeks ended December 31, 2001; Target market of Dr. Pepper's Red Fusion; Promotions for the launch of Pepsi...
- Chennai goli soda loses fizz to Cola on high bottle cost. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;5/11/2014, p16
The article reports on the failure of goli soda making businesses in Chennai, India, attributed to higher bottle cost as compared with that of rival soft drinks.
- Challenging Times. Landi, Heather // Beverage World;4/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 4, pS2
This article describes the state of the carbonated softdrink (CSD) market in the U.S. as revealed in the findings of the "Beverage World" magazine's State of the Industry Report 2009. It is noted that the overall U.S. liquid refreshment beverage (LRB) market shrank by two percent by volume, the...