IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability
- Consumer Group Faults Conditions In School Cafeterias. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;2/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
The article discusses a report conducted by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which states that conditions in the nation's school cafeterias could trigger outbreaks of food poisoning at any time. Most of the meals served in school cafeterias each day are safe, but some school...
- IN DAVIS CTY. DISTRICT: Cook-chill betters Utah school menu. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the positive outcome of the installation of a central cook-chill production system at the Davis City School District in Farmington, Utah. Changes in the menus; Remarks from food service director, Pam Tsakalos.
- Nutritious Outsourcing. McClure, Ann // District Administration;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p78
The article addresses the decision of Duval County Public Schools to outsource its food services, in its quest to provide high quality, nutritious meals to students without raising lunch prices. The school district teamed with food service provider Aramark for centralized meal production. Before...
- WHERE IMAGE SPELLS R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on a community outreach program by the foodservice department of the school district in Volusia County, Florida. Growth strategies by School Way Cafe director Christine Farneti; Involvement of chefs in the schools; Foray into culinary competitions; School district's commitment to a...
- Economically Innovative. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article highlights the contributions of nutrition services director Sue Bettenhausen in developing the foodservice program at Scottsdale Unified School District in Arizona. In addition to the physical changes, Bettenhausen made a time change. Now between 40 and 50 students at a time are...
- TESTING NEW ENTREES: School widens menu choices. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the increase in student participation in the school food service implemented at the Decatur City School District in Bainbridge, Georgia. Details on the service.
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.