FOCUS ON FOOD, HISTORY, CULTURE: Alexandria schools garner Glickman diversity award
- Shining a Light on Health. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that Atlanta Public Schools is producing healthier children through a wellness program running in the district and promoting the idea of wellness by highlighting those schools that are making a difference. Every month, the 85-school district selects five Wellness Spotlight...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article announces appointments and awards in the food service sector of the U.S., including the hiring of Jeff Mills by the public schools in Washington, D.C., the granting of the Chef Professionalism award to Douglas Patten and the District of Excellence award given to Dallas Independent...
- Bloomfield Public School District, Connecticut. STEVENS, JEAN // Kiwi;Jul/Aug2008, p21
The article focuses on the Farm-to-School program at the Bloomfield Public School District in Connecticut. It states that the program was designed to link independent area farmers to student lunch programs. Food Services Director Timothy Cipriano worked with Joe Rodrigues, an environmental...
- Setting the table. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the classroom breakfast programs and reduced price breakfast fee initiative implemented in elementary schools by the Washington County Public School District in Maryland. Increase in the breakfast participation in the school district during the school year 2002 to 2003; Number of...
- Changing of the Guard. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p18
This article deals with the successful transformation of the foodservice program implemented by the District of Columbia Public School. Chartwells was hired by the district to revitalized the program, which had a $14-million debt for the 2007-2008 school year. Executive Director David Goodman...
- Menued in many formats. Pearl, Amanda R. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p120
Focuses on turkey dishes offered at schools in the United States. Turkey meal served at Pulaski County Special School District in Little Rock, Arkansas; Ingredients of the turkey sandwich at the Maplebrook School in Amenia, New York; Number of public schools in Elizabeth, New Jersey that...
- School redistricting is a necessary evil. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p12
Editorial. Comments on the Indianapolis, Indiana-based Indianapolis Public Schools' planned school redistricting program as of November 22, 1999. Details of the proposed redistricting.
- Dead silence in Orleans Parish over missing $20M is disturbing. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the loss of several millions of dollars in school fund from the New Orleans, Louisiana school district through faulty payroll accounting. Call for the resignation of the school board; National teacher salaries; Student achievement.
- Building coalitions for stronger schools. Pulliam, Barry // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the San Bernardino County schools' Community Coalition. Development of partnerships among schools, other public agencies and the private sector; Coalition's mission; Formation of the alliance; Top priorities addressed by the Coalition; Community Coalition task force discussion points.