WITH SODEXHO MARRIOTT DEAL PENDING: Sodexho Alliance to acquire Wood Dining Svcs., Sogeres
- Albert Abela Hopes To Cater To Investors. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;12/06/99, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the private placement plan of PNC Capital Markets for Eastern European catering firm Albert Abela Corporation. Objective of the senior note offering; How the funds collected from the offering will be used; Background on the issuer.
- ALPHABETIC INDEX OF TOP 100 COMPANIES. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p64
Presents an alphabetic index of the top 100 food service companies in the United States in 2000, including information on food service revenue and revenue growth rate ranking. Advantica Restaurant Group Inc.; AFC Enterprises Inc.; Albert Abela Group.
- French firm ups bid for alliance with Sodexho Marriott. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/14/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts of French food management firm Sodexho Alliance to acquire Sodexho Marriot Services based in Maryland. Details on the bid of Sodexho Alliance for Sodexho Marriot; Implications of the acquisition for the global operations of Sodexho Alliance; Comments from corporate...
- FOLLOWING CORRECTIONS DIVESTITURE: Sodexho stock tender complete. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
Announces the completion of the acquisition of Sodexho Marriott Services by Sodexho Alliance in June 2001. Price per share; Information on the sale of Sodexho Alliance's shares in Corrections Corp.; Background on Sodexho Alliance.
- Keep America Rolling. Wagoner, Rick // Executive Speeches;Dec/Jan2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
Presents the text of a speech given by Rick Wagoner, chief executive officer of General Motors Corp., on September 27, 2001, which deals with strategic alliances.
- Forming an ALLIANCE. Treider, Renee // Wenatchee Business Journal;May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, pC7
Offers tips on forging business alliances with other companies. Selection of businesses that complement one's own; Contacting businesses interested in creating an alliance; Establishment of common vision with partners; Creation of marketing strategies for the established partnership. INSET:...
- Tough Market Conditions Make Telecoms Reconsider Wisdom of Strategic Stakes: With lack of control a disadvantage, companies either sell out or take over. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/14/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 19, pN.PAG
Reports that adverse market conditions are forcing some telecommunication companies to scrutinize every aspects of their business strategies. Benefits of acquiring strategic stakes in other companies; Impact of financial problems on telecom companies; Uncertainty related to the benefits of...
- Wellpoint suitor also has Aetna purchase on mind. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
Reports the alliance between WellPoint Health Network Inc. and ING America Insurance Holding Inc. to acquire Aetna Inc. in the United States. Reputation of WellPoint as a managed-care company; Effect of the planned acquisition on the Michigan operations of Aetna US Healthcare; Share offer for...
- Harnessing the power of alliances and acquisitions. Harbison, John R.; Pekar, Jr., Peter // NACD Directorship;Mar1999, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
Discussion some of the advantages and benefits of strategic alliances and acquisitions. Value of mergers and acquisitions in 1998 in the United States; Revenue posted by strategic alliances in the country; Increase of profit of companies that forged strategic alliances and also those that have...