WATKINS SUCCESSOR: Bost becomes food/nutr. head
- USDA Names New FNS Head. // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the appointment of Eric Bost as the Undersecretary of the Food and Nutrition Services division of the United States Department of Agriculture. Work experience of Bost in the government; Programs to improve agricultural productivity and food-safety standards in schools in the U.S.
- USDA's role in nutrition education and evaluation. Weimer, Jon P. // FoodReview;Jan-Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p41
Depicts the role of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) as it relates to nutrition education and evaluation. Reference to a food guide launched by the Department; Objective of the USDA Food and Consumer Service; Activities of the Cooperative State Research Education and Extension...
- Jackson appointed administrator for USDA's nutrition programs. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p18
Reports that Yvette Jackson was appointed as administrator of Food and Consumer Services for the US Department of Agriculture. Career background.
- USDA offers new education-tools. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p112
Cites the introduction of Team Nutritional education materials by the United States Department of Agriculture's Food and Consumer Service (FCS). What the educational material includes; Benefits of the educational material.
- Bar coding helps streamline delivery of commodity foods. Getlinger, Mary Jane // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Feb91, Vol. 20 Issue 2/3, p24
States that electronic technology specifically bar coding is speeding service for the participants in United States Department of Agriculture's Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP). CSFP's food assistance programs to indigent; Effect of the computerized bar code systems on the service of...
- Food Stamp Trafficking: Why Small Groceries Need Judicial Protection from the Department of... Regenstein, Elliot // Michigan Law Review;Jun98, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p2156
Comments on why small groceries need judicial protection from the United States Department of Agriculture, with reference to food stamp trafficking. Reference to the Food Stamp Act; Information on food stamp trafficking violations; Legitimacy of the Department of Agriculture's Food and Consumer...
- USDA issues afterschool snack rules. // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p11
Reports that the US Department of Agriculture's Food & Consumer Service has issued guidelines to govern the implementation of the after-school snack provisions included in the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act (CNRA) of 1998. Reimbursement for snacks served to children through age 18;...
- USDA donates milk. // Dairy Foods;Nov97, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p22
Announces that the United States Department of Agriculture will donate 24 million pounds of surplus nonfat dry milk to the Food and Consumer Service (FCS). Purpose of the milk donation; Use of money generated by sale of milk donation.
- AMI opposes yogurt-as-meat substitute proposal. // Prepared Foods;Oct96, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the opposition of the American Meat Institute (AMI) on the yogurt-as-meat substitute proposal by US Department of Agriculture's Food and Consumer Services. AMI's reason on their opposition on the proposal; Withdrawal of similar yogurt proposal in 1981, 1985 and 1989.