Constructive Conflict in China: Cooperative Conflict as a Bridge Between East and West
- KOREAN LEADERS' (AND SUBORDINATES') CONFLICT MANAGEMENT. Nam-Hyeon Kim; Dong-Won Sohn; Wall, James A.; Jr. // International Journal of Conflict Management;Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p130
This article presents two exploratory studies which investigated the conflict management approaches of 310 South Korean leaders. In Western organizations, one of the leader's responsibilities is conflict management. Leaders assume and endorse this role because conflict has numerous costs as well...
- Go to Where the Actual Work Is Being Done. Markovitz, Daniel // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;3/31/2014, p2
The author discusses how business leaders may effectively implement leader standard work in the organization through regular visits to frontline operations, making structured conversations with frontline employees, and extending assistance in solving problems.
- Proactive Crisis Management. Wagner, Cynthia G. // Futurist;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p6
Offers tips on proactive crisis management. Obstacles to effective crisis management; Elements needed in proactive crisis management.
- Towards an office ceasefire. Ross, Emily // BRW;1/15/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p78
Presents some advice on managing conflicts between fellow workers. Need for managers to recognize emotions as part of work; Assessment of a person's emotional intelligence; Identification of common interests among workers.
- Ã‡ATIÅžMA YÃ–NETÄ°MÄ° YÃ–NTEMLERÄ° VE HASTANE Ã–RGÃœTLERÄ°NDE BÄ°R UYGULAMA. Şahın, Ali; Emını, Filiz Tufan; Ünsal, Ömer // Selcuk University Social Sciences Institute Journal;2006, Vol. 15, p553
The modern management approach, is against to the entirely removal of the organizational conflict. The given approach stimulates the conflict and points the importance of the conflict management. First of all, this study includes the organazitional conflict, managerial approaches on the...
- Problems don't have to be solved by simply satisfying demands. Noll, Douglas E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/15/99, Issue 322433, p5
Shares insights on conflict resolution. Orientation of most conflict resolution professionals' toward the satisfaction of solving clients' conflicts; Achievement of resolution through compromise; Keys to analyzing a conflict in an objective manner; Engendering of moral growth for all parties...
- Conflict 101. Flanagan, Lyndia // Family Practice Management;Feb1999, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p64
Offers advice on conflict management. Self-assessment; Identification of basis reaction; Becoming a better communicator.
- Escape negative energy. // Communication Briefings;Jun2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
The article presents strategies in solving people problems such as identifying the source, cultivating detachment and escaping something negative.
- WHISKERS'S CITIZENSHIP. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Mar2010, Vol. 79, p4
The article asks suggestions from readers on how to resolve a conflict about a book.