Several Theological Considerations concerning the Creation vs. Evolution Debate
- Infinite Potential. O'Loughlin, Kathy // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p111
This piece was written for performance and might be best enjoyed read aloud. It was an imaginative exercise based on a kind of intertextuality--combining my own story with the story of the God of the Genesis creation stories. Thus God became a Mother who was experiencing some of the things that...
- What Is the Point of Working? MORROW, LANCE // Time;
The article focuses on various aspects of work. It informs about the reports of sociologists which suggest that most workers find their labor mechanical and stultifying. The Protestant work ethic, which sanctified work and turned it into vocation, arrived only a few centuries ago in the...
- A PIEDADE OBEDIENTE DE CALVINO: TEOLOGIA E VIDA. Pereira da Costa, Hermisten Maia // Fides Reformata;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p71
In this article, Costa analyzes John Calvin's concept of piety and its relation to theology and Christian life. He demonstrates that, according to Calvin, piety is not mystical or esoteric. Instead, it originates from and is grounded in the knowledge of God, which reveals itself in worship and...
- JOHN CALVIN: COMEBACK KID. George, Timothy // Christianity Today;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on John Calvin, a French lawyer and theologian, and the renaissance of Calvinism. The author cites the role of Calvinism in shaping the contours of the contemporary world. The reason why the legacy of Calvin is ambiguous is mentioned. It notes that the sacredness of human...
- Conversio Ad Docelitam: Calvyn oor bekering en Christenwees. Dreyer, Wim A. // Hervormde Teologiese Studies;2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p1
Conversio ad docelitam: John Calvin on conversion and being a Christian. This contribution describes John Calvin's understanding of what it means to be a Christian. When Calvin 'converted' to the Reformation in the early 1530s, the term 'Protestant' did not exist. There was no systematic body of...
- GENESIS ROCKS. Patterson, Joel // Transworld Skateboarding;Apr2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Interprets several passages from the Book of Genesis in the Bible, which chronicles God's creation of the heavens and the earth. Views on the separation of light and darkness; Opinion on the creation of animals and plants; Concerns of biblical scholars.
- APONTAMENTOS INTRODUTÃ“RIOS SOBRE A EPISTEMOLOGIA RELIGIOSA DE JOÃƒO CALVINO NAS INSTITUTAS DA RELIGIÃƒO CRISTÃƒ. Oliveira, Fabiano de Almeida // Fides Reformata;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p65
No abstract available.
- The Idea of Creation Ordinances in Calvinism and Neo-Calvinism. KIM, Byoung Gi // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2000, p1
Presents the thesis entitled "The Idea of Creation Ordinances in Calvinism and Neo-Calvinism," Byoung Gi Kim. Idea of creation ordinances in John Calvin; Idea of creation ordinances in Calvinism; Idea of creation ordinances in Dutch Neo-calvinism.
- Calvin and Praying for "All People Who Dwell on Earth". McKee, Elsie // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Apr2009, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p130
The article focuses on the teaching of theologian John Calvin regarding the need for Christians to pray for all who dwell on Earth. It is stated that Calvin's teaching is based on his interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:1-2 and to the Lord's Prayer, and depicted in his daily practice of leading public...