ON THE WEB
- Taking Yogi's Advice. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
Discusses some of the changes the editorial board of 'Security' plans to implement to better serve the changing demands of the security industry. Advice found in the book of Yogi Berra, the Baseball Hall of Fame catcher and former Yankees and Mets manager; Evolution of the electronic security...
- Forty Candles and Counting. SCHAUB, LAIRD // Communities;Winter2012, Issue 157, p6
In this article, the author discusses brief history and future publication projects related to the periodical on its completion of 40 years. He mentions the first publication of the periodical in 1972, and highlights several political and technological incidences related to the period. It...
- FEEDBACK READERS DESPOND. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "CondÇ£'s Townsend: The Old Days of Magazine Publishing Are Over" in the October 30, 2012 issue, "Behind Mother Jone's Recent Dual Cover Strategy," by Robert Newman in the October 12, 2012 issue,...
- Publishing - is our love here to stay ... Singleton, Alan // Learned Publishing;Jul2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p155
The author reflects on the impact of technology on traditional publishing and the role of publishers in the creation of knowledge through journal publishing. He believes that publishers have been harbingers and in the forefront of initiating technological changes which resulted to innovations in...
- Roboshop. Thomas, Roberta // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p64
Presents technological developments in the hardware and software industry aimed at building a better magazine. The PROSE (production order specification/EDI) protocol; The `totalizer' systems; Publishers Press' development of online order-entry systems; Filmless or `direct to cylinder' gravure...
- Cyberspace in print. Noack, David // Quill;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p39
Features several interactive and online magazines. `Boardwatch'; `Online Access'; `Connect'; `BBS'; Online'; `Link-Up' `Wired'; `Internet World'; Issues on information technology.
- Face the digital future without fear. Bahrenburg, D. Claeys // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the impact of technological innovations on magazine publishing. Retention of traditional means of developing ideas for publications; Increased competition for advertisers; New ways of delivering information.
- Interactive mags: Easy as 1-800. Frenkel, David // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the technology for combining off-the-shelf, computer-based, touch-tone phone interactive voice response (IVR) systems and fax-back services for use by magazine publishers and advertisers. Replacement of bingo cards with an 800-number service; Facets and costs of IVR.
- The telecommunications link. Owen, Eric // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Special Source Book for 1996, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p212
Discusses the use of telecommunication links in magazine publishing. Cost savings to be derived from a wide area network (WAN); Costs in using the Integrated Services Digital Network; Establishment of a WAN.