Spain's National ID Program Uses Card Readers
- Smart cards may be coming, but is Reg E ready for them? // ABA Banking Journal;Sep95, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p34
Details on the relation between Smart cards and Regulation E. Application of Regulation E rules to smart cards.
- `Nonregulatory responses' urged for stored-value cards. Anason, Dean // American Banker;7/18/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 137, p2
Reports that members of the US Consumer Electronic Payments Task Force are leaning toward light regulation of stored-value cards and other new payment technologies. Clash between banking industry groups with consumer advocates and law enforcement officials on whether new laws are necessary to...
- New home shoppers sift candidates electronically. // Communications News;Feb95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p75
Reports on the benefits of an electronic bulletin board system to realtors in the United States. Use of computer files and data in marketing; Absence of fees; Review of subsequent calls.
- OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW. Stateman, Alison // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p3
Presents several Online information systems and services. Features of the Online MEDIAtlas research and distribution tool; Details on the SourceNet Experts Web-based tool for journalists; Benefits of Digital Delivery Service from the Video Monitoring Services.
- For Love of the PC. Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p30
Provides information on the importance of computers to people. Description of the technical capabilities of a computer; Efficiency of computers to empower people; Ability of computers to introduce things into a culture fascinated by the technological innovations; Development of online...
- More action on smart cards. // ABA Banking Journal;May85, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p136
Reports the issuance of smart cards under a pilot program of MasterCard International Inc. in the U.S. Number of cards involved; Provision of reader manuals for participating merchants; Ability of smart cards to hinder fraud.
- Complementing Self-Serve Technology with Service Relationships. Schultze, Ulrike // e-Service Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the adoption of self-service technology by customers. Choice of customers on the mode of service interaction; Impact of using self-service technology to complement service relationship; Reasons on customers' mode of interacting with the firm.
- Data Research Installs Z39.50 Access to Cambridge Scientific Databases. // Information Today;Feb1994, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p41
The article reports that Data Research Associates Inc. has established the industry's first online, 739.50 access to databases from Cambridge Scientific Abstracts. Extremely fast and user-friendly access is made possible by loading the database products on a Z39.50-compliant server running on...
- Barriers to Electronic Service Development. Vassilakis, Costas; Lepouras, George; Fraser, John; Haston, Simon; Georgiadis, Panagiotis // e-Service Journal;Fall2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p41
E-government initiatives have been proven to deliver significant benefits, both for suppliers of electronic services (public authorities and organizations) and for the public, to whom services are addressed. However, the pace with which electronic services are made available and adopted is lower...