Eliminating Shrink Through Security Leadership
- Electronics chain eyes Mt. Vernon. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/21/99, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p8
Discusses the plan of Best Buy Company Inc. to open a store in Mount Vernon as part of its expansion into the New York metropolitan area. Letter of commitment to lease space signed by Best Buy; Dimensions of the center to be opened by Best Buy; Sales figures of Best Buy for 1998.
- Best Buy to add distribution center in Tioga County. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal (Central New York);4/12/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the investment of Best Buy Co. Inc. to construct a distribution facility in the town of Nichols in Tioga County, New York. Number of jobs the company plans to create; Challenges experienced by Best Buy in the construction; Advantages of the Tioga County Empire Zone to companies;...
- Best Way at Best Buy. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the access controls in Best Buy Co. Inc. in Richfield, Minnesota. Background information about the company; Coordination of wiring for the electrified hardware with a security system integrator; Access for the public from outside the complex.
- Best Buy buys into AT&T's INCS. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;04/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p21
Reports the use of the Integrated Network Connection Service of AT&T by Best Buy Co. Inc. in the United States. Integration of the company chain's voice, video and data services over a single network; Comparison of costs to dedicated private lines; Forecast of minimal upgrades; Plan to deploy...
- CUSTOMER-TAILORED BEST BUY MODEL EXPANDS. Indvik, Kurt // Home Media Retailing;4/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p40
Reports on the state of Best Buy's business operations in the U.S. as of April 2005. Expansion of the retailer's customer-centricity operating model; Financial performance; Factors that contributed to its increased earnings.
- Best Buy to scale back operations in Franklin. Adams, Brent // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p41
Reports that Best Buy Co. will lay off some workers at its Franklin distribution center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Best Buy to Expand Stores. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;2/12/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p31
This article reports on a plan by Best Buy to open additional stores in the U.S. and Canada in 2006 as of February 2006. It presents the number of stores that Best Buy plans to open. It offers information on the square footage planned for each new store. It outlines the goals of the company for...
- Musicland on the Block. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of Best Buy Co. to sell the retailer Musicland. Reason behind the move; Decline in the sales of Musicland; Factors that contributed to the poor performance of Musicland.
- BIG BOXES SHRINKING IN ORDER TO GROW. McLinden, Steve // Shopping Centers Today;Aug2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p60
The article reports on the growth of Best Buy Co. Inc., a retail company based in the U.S. Justin Barber, spokesman of the said company said that the company has been growing due to continous expansion and property acquisition. Along with the growth, the company is expected to have more...