Finding the Tested and Proven Plan
- Campus police at Irving see place for Gays. // Advocate;11/22/72, Issue 99, p40
Reports on the meeting of the Irvine Gay Students Union of the University of California with the police department in Irvine, California. List of the police officers attending the meeting; Purpose of the meeting.
- Chesterfield adds to school resource officer program. // West County Journal;1/9/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, pC3
The article reports that the Chesterfield Police Department in Chesterfield, Missouri will expand its current School Resource Officer program to include all Chesterfield schools.
- CIVIL RIGHTS GROUP URGES GUN-FREE ALTERNATIVE TO SCHOOL SAFETY. // American School & University;Apr2013, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p50
The article reports on the urge of the Advancement Group on schools for the improvement of security without resorting to the presence of law enforcement officers in schools.
- Turning the camera on crime. King, James D. // American School & University;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the use of security cameras in preventing crimes against students and property. Importance of security cameras in parking lots, campus stores, automatic teller machines and problem areas; Effect of security cameras on the efficiency of security employees; Average cost of...
- Critical elements in school security. Dunn, Martin // American School & University;Jul99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, pss13
Discusses the issues that pose as critical elements on school security in the United States. Importance of having a physical examination of the school campus; Information on quality-of-life; Steps that can be taken by educators in making their schools safer in the long run. INSET: Providing a...
- The ABC's of security technology. Fickes, Michael // American School & University;Jul99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, pss21
Provides information on several technological products that may be used in the construction of a school security system. Benefits from using emergency communication devices; Functions of badging systems; Importance of having access control and intrusion detection systems.
- Why school security is vital. King, James D. // American School & University;Sep94, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p28
Cites the need for schools to have security program in place. Defensibility of schools against crime and intrusion; Security concerns as a requirement in school systems; Number of youths arrested for violent crimes; Prospects for increased crime-related activities.
- ASSESSING SECURITY. Dunn, Martin J. // American School & University;Apr2002, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p48
Deals with security measures for school campus. Importance of assessment of school security; Examples of school security mistakes; Equipment needed to improve school security.
- 10 Tips for School Security. Timm, Ronald E. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug99, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p28
Presents factors to consider in the implementation of security systems and measures for schools. Management strategies for safety programs; Assessment of school assets and interests that need protection; Emphasis on deterrence of any occurrence that breach security.