Show Me the Money
- From Good to Great. Dean, Ray // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p66
The author reflects on the performance of several security directors in the U.S. He says that most security directors do good deeds and are able to perform their job well. He believes that a great security director is one whom other security directors ask for guidance. Moreover, he adds that...
- OSE Announces New Board Officers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p13
Reports that Piscataway, New Jersey-based Open Security Exchange has announced its new board members and newly elected officers. Objectives and purpose of the cross-industry consortium in the security management industry; Changes introduced by the organization in its working procedures which...
- Honeywell Security Launches Web Site for Vertical Markets. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that Honeywell Security company has introduced a new Web site, www.security.honeywell.com/solutions. The new Web site offers information on integrated security solutions for 11 vertical markets including airports, gaming, biopharma, government, and financial. The Web site...
- The challenge in selling security. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;7/31/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses the challenges faced by chief security officers (CSO) or chief information security officers (CISOs) in network security-related issues that affects the firm in the computer industry in the U.S. CSOs are facing challenges in getting their ideas on security matters accepted...
- 'Sea Change' for Enterprise Video. Pohle, Linda // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on the initiatives taken by Beau Rivage Resorts Inc. in Missouri in embracing security technology as part of its security plans. According to Eric Newton, the director of security, the company is trying to maintain a good relationship with the Federal Bureau of...
- CANASA's new board of directors announced. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the Canadian Alarm and Security Association's board of directors for the 1999-2001 term. Appointment of Rich Snook as president; List of newly appointed board members.
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
A quiz concerning wireless security systems is presented.
- Manage Large Card Holder Databases. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p50
The article offers brief information on Access Control's two door controller.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/16/1976, Vol. 51 Issue 52, p120
An excerpt is presented from an article in "Fort Smith Southwest Times Record" about the problem of building a better alert system on a Monday.