Retail, Restaurants and Food Service
- To Catch a Thief: Loss Prevention Conference Sheds Light on Theft. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;6/18/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p7
Information about several papers discussed at the 2007 Loss Prevention Conference and Expo held by the National Retail Federation (NRF) at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California is presented. The event focused on the issues involving larceny in the technology industry. The...
- Hayes makes its 1,000th rollformer. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Mar2006, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p40
The article reports that Hayes International Corp. has reached the industry milestone with the production of its 1,000th rollformer in New Zealand.
- A Not So Opaque Future; A Risky Present. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p54
The article discusses the advancements in security management solutions. It mentions that testing of wearable video cameras by police officers in Rialto, California provides evidence of an unfounded misconduct claim. It notes that virtual remote intervention like speaking to intruders and...
- Who's Watching the Laptops? de Treville, Rick // Lodging Hospitality;7/1/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the prevalence of theft in the hospitality industry. Description of a typical theft; Implication of a review of arrests made for hotel computer theft; Ways to protect portable computers and other electronic equipment at hotels.
- NRF and NCCR create pact. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the cooperative agreement between the National Retail Federation and the National Council of Chain Restaurants for lobbying legislative and public policy issues that affect them and their members. Benefit of the pact entered into by the organizations.
- NRF honors retail executives. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p190
Reports that the National Retail Federation (NRF) honored retail executives during its Annual Convention and Expo, held in January, 1998 in New York. Identification of the winners.
- NRF presents retail research. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p271
Focuses on `Retail Sales Outlook,' a forecast for the first quarter of 1998, which was released by the National Retail Federation at its annual Convention and Expo in January. Details on the forecast.
- NCCR teams with retail group to share resources. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the National Council of Chain Restaurants' (NCCR) resource-sharing affiliation with the National Retail Federation (NRF), one of the world's biggest trade groups. NCCR members' access to NRF conferences, publications and other services.
- NRF held seminar. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct93, Vol. 94 Issue 10, Part One of Two Parts p10
Reports on a seminar presented by the National Retail Federation from September 9-10, 1993. Workshops offered within the seminar; Class size; Equivalent in hours of college program.