Information Technology, Communications & Media
- Just the Basics. Shoop, Tom // Government Executive;6/15/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on identity management and another on the Federal Information Security Management Act.
- Today's Most Significant Security Threats. // Channel Insider;5/7/2010, p1
The article reports that the combination of security budget cuts and increase use for penetration tools and social media technologies has created tougher security threats on information technology (IT).
- IT's a dangerous world. Tinham, Brian // Works Management;Sep2013, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p11
The author reflects on the need to maximise security of information technology (IT) infrastructures in organisations and manufacturing industry to avoid security breach which can lead to Internet protocol (IP) theft and brand damage.
- RedSeal 6 Platform v6.6. M. L. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p42
The article reviews the RedSeal 6 Platform v6.6 risk-based information technology security management platform.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p14
This section offers news briefs on information technology (IT) security as of February 2011. A web browser fuzzing tool has been released by computer bug hunter Michal Zalewski. A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack has hit the bulletin board 4chan, which was allegedly used as a forum by...
- IT Managers More Involved in Physical Security. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that several information technology managers prefer Internet protocol-based physical security products in the U.S. According to the IMS Research, there are estimated 60% of IT managers are purchasing physical security products, However, IMS also found that more than 40% of...
- Security for Next-Generation Voice and Video: Know Your Network. Boone, Adam // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p38
The article offers the author's insights on unified communications (UC) in information technology (IT) security. He says that the distribution of UC includes the replacement communication networks such as closed circuit video systems. He cites advantages of the UC such as the reduced costly...
- Cost-Cutting Hits IT Budgets. // CU360;8/31/2009, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on a study from RSA Conference concerning information technology (IT) security spending amid the economic downturn. The survey indicates that technologies addressing compliance-related IT security needs are at risk of being cut from IT budgets. The survey also shows 72% of...
- Security managers remain skeptical of BYOD. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;2/27/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that security managers in companies still doubts the efficiency of the bring your own device (BYOD), which lets an employee use his own smartphones or tablet computer at work. It cites a survey of technology managers which shows that 71% of the respondents are planning to...