Casinos, Hospitality, Arenas & Entertainment
- Mumbai airport, Taj Hotel on alert after terror threat. // Day After;9/29/2015, p11
The article reports that the security agencies of domestic and international airports in Mumbai, India and the Taj Hotel have tightened security measures after receiving a terrorist attack threat in September 2015.
- Safety moves centerfield. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, BROWNS 2002 pB-3
Focuses on the implementation of the comprehensive leaguewide security policy at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Ohio. Impact of the 2001 September 11 tragedy in the sports industry; Allocation of budget for security measures; Guidelines in identifying possible threats.
- No effort spared in providing gaming security. // San Diego Business Journal;7/31/95, Vol. 16 Issue 31, pA4
Reports on security measures in Indian gaming operations in San Diego, California. Comments from Alan Barrett, surveillance director of the Viejas casino and Turf Club; Security provided by the Surveillance Department of the gaming operations; Standards of surveillance equipments; Heart of the...
- The North Korean Threat. Panda, Rajaram // IPCS Special Reports;Apr2013, Issue 209, p1
The article offers information on the aggressive initiatives of the North Korea against the U.S. and South Korea. It mentions several reasons behind the initiatives taken by the North Korea including showing the world the military ability of the country, to solve the country's chronic economic...
- United Kingdom. // AirGuide Online.com;1/25/2010, p17
The article reports that threat alert in Great Britain is raised to the second-highest level to increase vigilance against international terrorists after a Christmas Day bombing attempt on a Europe-U.S. flight.
- U.S. & Israel INCREASE THREATS TO IRAN. Sullivan, Rupen; Patterson, Helen // Green Left Weekly;7/14/2010, Issue 844, p24
The article reports on the increase in the rate of threats of a military attack against Israel and U.S. by Iran after the passage of U.S. unilateral sanctions on June 9, 2010.
- When lawmakers get threats. Yager, Jordy // Hill;6/5/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 65, p25
The author reflects on different kinds of threats received by politicians especially the lawmakers in the U.S.
- Good safety plan crucial to defend against lawsuits. Henry, David W. // Hotel & Motel Management;4/4/94, Vol. 209 Issue 6, p11
Presents a legal advisory concerning lawsuits stemming from inadequate provisions for hotel security. Loss in productivity and sales; Creation of anxiety and stress due to litigation; Need for a security plan for all properties; Identification of unique concerns; Elements of a safety and...
- Security systems made affordable for budget hotels. Salomon, Alan // Hotel & Motel Management;10/18/93, Vol. 208 Issue 18, p43
Reports on the redesigning and repricing by manufacturers of hotel security products. Ilco Unican's `System 700 II'; VingCard System Inc.'s `1050 system'; Product features.