- The Changing Face of Owner Project Risks. Cabano, Stephen L. // Cost Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p20
For purposes of this article, the author discusses the owner/operator project risks associated with capital engineering and construction projects in the chemical and hydrocarbon process industry. Also, during these turbulent times in which the industry seems to vacillate every few months, it...
- PROJECT RISK SIMULATION METHODS - A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS. BODEA, Constanţa-Nicoleta; PURNUŞ, Augustin // Management & Marketing;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p565
Effective risk management provides a solid basis for decisionmaking in projects, bringing important benefits. While the financial and economical crisis is present at the global level and the competition in the market is more and more aggressive, the interest in project risk management increases....
- Managing the Executive Compensation - Moral Hazard Tie. Snell, Jeffrey // Business Journal for Entrepreneurs;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 4, p79
The article discusses aspects of moral hazard and its impact to executive compensation. It mentions that moral hazard is an agency problem wherein the managers take risky decisions to indicate a short term profitability for a long term growth. It states that moral hazard can reward the...
- Gulf Bank. Melly, Paul // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/26/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 43, p28
The article looks at Gulf Bank in Kuwait which has been rebuilding its profits and asset base since the 2008 financial crisis. The bank's recovery is attributed to its concentration on its corporate and retail banking core businesses as well as to central bank intervention during the...
- Special issue: How the financial crisis has changed risk management. Wilson, Thomas // Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions;Spring2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p116
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the global financial crisis, financial stability risks, and macro-prudential reforms.
- Industry showing signs of restocking. Ryan, Jim T. // Central Penn Business Journal;10/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p3
The article discusses the growth of the warehousing and distribution industry in Pennsylvania after the global economic crisis. It states that companies are increasing inventory and started building or leasing industrial spaces. It mentions that Amazon.com, Office Depot and Triple Crown and...
- Seizing Opportunities When the Outlook Is Bleak. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;9/20/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p12
In this article the author reflects upon the efforts made by some companies in food industry and retail trade, like Nash Finch Co., to expand their business operations during the financial crises.
- High street is full of 'opportunities'. Murray, Rupert // Travel Weekly (UK);4/9/2010, Vol. 5, p8
The article reports on the growth of high street travel agents during recession in Great Britain.
- Risk Perception and Risk Tolerance Changes Attributable to the 2008 Economic Crisis: A Subtle but Critical Difference. Roszkowski, Michael J.; Davey, Geoff // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p42
The economic crisis of 2008 has been said to lower the risk tolerance of the investing public. We present data on risk tolerance collected pre- and post-crisis inception, showing that the decline in risk tolerance was relatively small. What has changed more dramatically is the public's...