Who's Complying with Payment Card Standards?
- Survey: Firms Fail on Data Security. // American Banker;9/29/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 180, p6
The article reports on the results of a survey on corporate data security that was conducted by Ponemon Institute LLC, a Traverse City, Mich., data security research firm, and Imperva Inc. of Redwood Shores, Calif., which provides data security services. The survey found that while many...
- Shops wary of holiday hacking. FIELD, ANNE // Crain's New York Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p0013
The article focuses on the vulnerability of small businesses in the U.S. to data breaches. Topics covered include the decision by jeweler Gerald Amerosi to invest in protecting his customers' credit-card data, the percentage increase in cases of data breaches surveyed by the Ponemon Institute...
- Less than Half of U.S. CEOs Support Data Security Efforts. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on a report made by Ponemon Institute LLC which claims that companies and firms do not place much attention on endpoint data security despite the vulnerability of mobile phones and computers to security breaches.
- Are You Prepared for 2015's Cyber Threats? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2015, p14
The article reports on the findings of the study titled "2014: A Year of Mega Breaches" of the pre-eminent research center Ponemon Institute LLC which anticipate the worsening condition of the data security in 2015 as confidential and vulnerable information shift to the digital space.
- PCI Council Adopts Unified Update Cycle For Its Standards. // ISO & Agent Weekly;6/24/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p9
The article reports on the claim of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council's council general manager Bob Russo that merchants and the payments industry in the U.S. will be benefiting from the update of the standards council's three data-security standards.
- Health data security breaches expected to escalate in 2012. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
The article focuses on the 2011 Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy and Data Security by Ponemon Institute LLC of Traverse City, Michigan, which reveals various predictions related to health care data in 2012 such as escalating health data security breaches.
- Data breach costs soar to Â£60 per record. // Data Strategy;Feb2009, p8
The article reports on the increase in the average cost per record of a data security breach by 28% from 47 pounds in 2007 to 60 pounds in 2008 according to privacy and information management research firm Ponemon Institute and enterprise data protection solutions vendor PGP Corp.
- Is Your Endpoint Security Keeping up with Growing Malware Threats? Chickowski, Ericka // Channel Insider;12/15/2010, p1
The article discusses a new study conducted at the Ponemon Institute LLC entitled "State of Endpoint Risk" which reveals the increasing cases of cyber attacks and malware threats in organizations.
- Health Care Data Security Plans on the Rise. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2014, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p16
The article focuses on the report by Ponemon Institute which shows that the 73% of the surveyed organizations with data breach response plan is a 63% increase compared in "2013 Crain's New York Business/Modern Healthcare.