Museum Becomes First Recipient Of D.C. Tax-Increment Financing
- City, state must unite to get empowered. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;8/16/93, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p3
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' aim to be selected as a target site for the federal government's tax breaks and social programs. Need for state and city cooperation; Enterprise zones; Competition; Disagreements between city and state; Funds; Tax-exempt bonds for the zones.
- Market Returns to Perch, Braces For Y2K and Employment Report. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p36
Reports the trend in the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Details on the performance of the market; Impact of the year 2000 date conversion problem on the market; Effect of the employment report on the interest rates.
- The Urban Enterprise Zone Benefits Business and the Community. // njbiz;3/29/2010 Resource Guide, p20
The article focuses on the Jersey City Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) program in New Jersey and its role in creating an economic climate that benefits the community. Business members of the program are offered half sales tax rate on most items, tax exemption and may qualify for sales-tax exemption...
- Planning inertia dogs Quarter masters. Hamilton, Helen // Estates Gazette;4/28/2012, Issue 1217, p90
The article looks at several issues concerning the Bristol Temple Quarter enterprise zone in Bristol, England. One promotion being offered to potential developers and occupiers is the business rates exemption amounting to 275,000 British pounds. The cut-off date for developers to find occupiers...
- Companies Awarded State Tax Benefits First-Quarter 2001. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6
Lists companies awarded Louisiana state tax benefits in first-quarter 2001. Enterprize zone status; Ten-year tax exemption program.
- Hong Kong on the Potomac. // American Enterprise;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p13
Reports on proposals to convert the city of Washington, D.C. into an `enterprise zone' where residents would be exempt from most federal taxes. Proponents of the proposal; Scrapping of the city's personal income tax; Foregoing of the city's annual subsidy from Congress.
- Company, City Settle. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/17/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p8
The article announces the payment of a $350,000 settlement by Hickory Hardware Inc. for the release of its cabinet manufacturing firm Keeler Brass from the Renaissance (Ren) Zone of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Keeler Brass received a total of $345,000 in property tax exemptions from the Ren Zone...
- DC Enterprise Zone Bond Program, Other E Zone Programs, Are at a Crossroads. Shay-Byrne, Olivia; Fick, Philip J. // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the District of Columbia's Enterprise Zone bond program which expired on December 31, 2003. U.S. Senate bills which have provisions that would extend the Enterprise Zone bond program beyond December 31, 2003; Tax-exempt Enterprise Zone facility bonds issued by the District;...
- N.J. Explains Changes to UEZ Exemption, Refund Procedure. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p4
The article explains the changes contained in recently enacted New Jersey legislation relative to the eligibility of qualified Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) businesses to receive effective April 1, 2011 a sales tax exemption regardless of annual gross receipts generated. Provided an Urban...