Municipals Finish Firm Amid Selling; New Deal Yields Lowered Selectively
- Volatility and Information Linkages Across Markets and Countries. Fleischer, Petra // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p251
This study examines information and volatility linkages across the equity, money and bond markets within Australia and the US and across the two countries. These volatility linkages are due to common information and information spillovers caused by cross-market hedging. We employ a rational...
- CIAB focused on rates, insurer solvency. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;10/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p3
Focuses on the issues related to terrorism insurance relief and regulatory reform in the U.S. Deterioration of equity and bond markets; Concerns of brokers on insurance market; Challenges facing the insurers.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of December 2000. Context of Act 1492; Date of maturation for the debt buyback issues of the Washington Treasury Department; Account on the unemployment rate and number of continued benefits in Washington.
- A rollercoaster ride. // FinanceAsia;Sep2008, p14
Several charts are presented that show bond market and equity rankings in the U.S.
- The death of equities? Bassanese, David // inFinance;Dec2009, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the statistic of the equity market in Australia in 2009. It explores the decline of the returns in equities markets and its underperformance from the lower-risk bond market. It tackles the connection of the secular bull and cyclical bear markets. It evaluates the conditions...
- JULIAN GIBBS. Gibbs, Julian // Money Marketing;11/20/2003, p58
Comments on the with-profits bond market. Advocation for investors to cash in bonds despite penalties; Aim of the move to take advantage of guarantees of the full-return of capital plus bonuses; Suitability of investing funds with large asset proportions invested in equity; Attraction of...
- A boost for bonds. Jackson, Will // Money Marketing;11/27/2008, p16
The article reports that the panellists are increasing the allocation of bonds in the Balanced Adviser Fund Index during the rebalancing in November 2008. Accordingly, Cazenove UK Corporate Bond, L&G All Stocks IL Gilt Index, M&G Strategic Corporate Bond and Standard Life Global Index Linked...
- SABIC: Strength In Numbers. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) has announced that it has applied for a regulatory approval to increase its Islamic bond sale in the Middle East. The SABIC has decided to raise its maximum size to be able to capture strong demand. SABIC which is...
- Agencies log biggest quarter ever. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;3/19/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the development of the investment-grade corporate bond market in New York for the year 2001. Expectation on the growth of agency issuance; Relationship between debt and equity; Imposition of debt market by the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.