NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p2
Reports developments related to bond markets in the United States as of September 2001. Increase in consumer price index; Downgrading of the senior impled ratings of America West Airlines Inc and US Airways Inc.; Assignment of Aaa rating to multifamily housing revenues bonds of Texas Department...
- Tax-Exempt Prices Rise as Treasuries Climb for Third Session Out of Four. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Rise of the value of Treasury bills due to moderate industrial output growth coupled with tame core inflation; Growth in consumer price index; Dominance of new issues on the trading.
- Yield Indexes Mixed Following Rally in Treasury, Municipal Markets. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p40
Examines the condition of yield indexes in the U.S. as of June 18, 2004. Occurrence of a rally in the Treasury and bond markets; Fear of a possible inflation; Increase in the consumer price index.
- Hot TIPS. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p1
Inflation, barely an afterthought for investors in recent years, has quickly become Wall Street's new fear factor. Fueling inflation fears were two reports: a March jobs report showing the addition of more than 300,000 jobs and a March inflation report showing prices up 0.4% excluding energy and...
- Credit calendar . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p33
Presents schedule of events related to the U.S. bond market from January 14 to January 18, 2002. Plans to announce the consumer price figures for December 2001 by the Labor Department; Schedule to release retail sales figures for December 2001 by the Commerce Department.
- From the TM3 wire. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p2
Focuses on the status of primary bonds markets in various American states as of April 1998. Immunity of New Jersey market from deals flooding other states; Criticism of the Consumer Price Index's reform done by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics; Decline of single-family home sales in Washington...
- Massachusetts Deal Uses CPI To Help Investors Beat Inflation. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p1
Reports that Massachusetts has employed general obligation bonds to the consumer price index (CPI) for protection of investors against inflation. Prices of CPI bonds on February 27, 2003; Benefits for investors from the CPI bonds; Aftermaths of the state's decision to use CPI bonds.
- $70 million of muni-CPIs included in Delaware agency's deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p32
Reports on the issuance by the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority of bonds linked to the United States consumer price index (CPI). Use of interest rate swap to avoid assuming CPI liability; Investors' reception of the CPI-linked bonds; List of previous CPI bond issues.
- Weakness Seeps In at Week's End. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33067, p2
The article focuses on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market for the week of February 23, 2009. It reports on the weaker performance of the municipal market on February 20, 2009. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board show losses while the treasury market shows...