Proposal Would Give Michigan Municipal Issuers More Flexibility
- Municipal Bond and State and Local Finance Legislative Status Report. // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p6
Provides information on municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in the United States as of October 12, 1998. Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities; Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century; Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act of 1998; Bankruptcy Reform.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33155, p28
The article reports on the status of 2009 municipal legislative bills the U.S. The HR 2549 Municipal Bond Fairness Act has been referred to the House Financial Services Committee for municipal credit ratings. The HR 2550 Municipal Financial Advisors Regulation Act has been passed to require all...
- Frank Eyes FA Regs. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p1
The article reports on the move by Barney Frank, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, to include a provision in the U.S. municipal bill which would require the federal regulation of unregulated financial advisers (FA) or investment advisers in the municipal market. It states that...
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.
- Washington Governor Signs New Public Funds Bill Into Law. // Credit Union Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the industry-sponsored bill inked by Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire unveiling municipal bond deposits of local and state agencies to 70 Washington Credit Unions in 2010.
- Bond bill looks doomed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the introduction in the state Legislature of a bill that would force New York City to market the bulk of its bonds through competitive bidding. Sponsorship by Queens Assemblyman Alan G. Hevesi; Opposition by the Republican-controlled Senate.
- Steel Mill Bonds Backed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33887, p7
The article reports that Arkansas legislative leaders said they support a bill authorizing 125 million dollars of state general obligation bonds to subsidize a steel mill project.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p6
Reports on developments related to new legislation on bonds in the United States as of September 8, 1997. Community Empowerment Act of 1997; Agenda for Aiding America's Cities Act of 1997; Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act.