Back From Brink, ACA Gets Good News Via Fitch
- S&P Puts ACA on CreditWatch, Warns of Two-Notch Drop to BB. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p1
Reports on the rating of the bonds of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Failure of the bond insurer to raise additional capital; Long-term solidarity of the franchise; Additional capital needed for long-term basis.
- Broome County, N.Y., IDAs $50 Million Deal Has ACA Backing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p44
Reports on the plan of the Industrial Development Agency to sell the civic facility revenue bonds in ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in Broome County, New York. Move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to review the rating of the bond; Expectation for the agency to issue additional tax-exempt bonds;...
- ACA bonds in jeopardy of downgrade. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the bond rate reduction at the U.S.-based company, ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Asset-backed financing; Capital levels at the company; Series of arrangements to secure funding.
- Fitch Drops Ohio Valley Hospital to B-Plus. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded to B-plus in health revenue bonds issued by Ohio County Commission in West Virginia. Application of the downgrade to the multi-million dollar health system refunding and improvement revenue bonds of Ohio County Commission; Withdrawal the rating due...
- S&P Restores ACA Outlook to Stable. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p40
Reports on the restoration of Standard & Poor's Corp. of the bond rating of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in the U.S. Amount of money received by the guarantor; Total statutory capital of the company.
- Market Muted Over ACA. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA would be downgraded to triple-C from single-A. It said that it could not withstand being rated below A-minus. Such a downgrade would result to wide-sweeping...
- Standard & Poor's Slams ACA With CCC. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA was downgraded to CCC from A. S&P also dropped its ratings on more than 3,000 credits insured by ACA. Nearly 2,400 of these credits were dropped to...
- Fitch, S&P Put ACA On Negative Watch. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports that Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's have placed ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s insurer financial strength rating on rating watch negative. Capital concerns and the company's lack of a much-anticipated initial public offering; Decision of Standard & Poor's to put ACA's financial...
- ACA Says It Cannot Afford Downgrade Below A-Minus. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32758, p1
The article reports that ACA Capital Holdings Inc. claims that it could not afford to pay the mounting costs if the Standard & Poor's Corp. doowngrades the company's credit rating below A-minus. On November 9, 2007, Standard & Poor's has credited an A rating for ACA Financial Guaranty Inc. on...