Fair Harvard Bringing $310 Million of Its Popular Bonds to Market
- `Harvard is Harvard' even if endowment takes $1.3 billion hit. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p12
Reports on the high rating and strong demand for Harvard University's revenue bonds inspite of its disclosure of investment losses in its endowment. Amount of losses; Amount of revenue bonds issued; Ratings for the bonds; Factors for the continued popularity of the bonds; Comments on the losses.
- Harvard to Float $130M. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p37
The article reports on the sell of $130 million of refunding revenue bonds by Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The sale follows the Massachusetts Health & Educational Facilities Authority's August 2005 approval of an additional $350 million to be added to the school's commercial...
- After Long Absence, Harvard Returns to Tax-Exempt Primary. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p3
Reports on the Massachusetts Health & Education Facilities Authority's issuance of revenue bonds for Harvard University. Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue; Rating of the bonds; Structure of the bonds.
- Bad News on the Campus. // Saturday Evening Post;11/6/1937, Vol. 210 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the impact of the collapse of stock market on colleges and universities in the U.S. in 1937. Percentage of endowments of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts that is invested in common and preferred stocks; Fraction of the funds of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology...
- School breakfast program still being underutilized. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
Presents a Harvard study on the effects of hunger on learning in relation to the National School Breakfast Program. Detailed information on the study; Reasons for the study; Benefits of the breakfast program.
- Harvard Moves Ahead With Library Reorganization. Kelley, Michael; Lee, Michelle // Library Journal;11/1/2011, Issue 18, p17
The article reports that the Harvard Library Board has approved a restructuring of Harvard University's Harvard Library, set to begin in January 2012.
- Harvard Libraries to be Reorganized. Kelley, Michael; Blumenstein, Lynn; Fialkoff, Francine; Hadro, Josh; Miller, Rebecca // Library Journal;1/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses a reorganization of the Harvard Libraries at Harvard University.
- Harvard U. Wins Effective Practices Award. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p20
Commends the cash deposit system established by Harvard University Dining Services to expand its business. Offer of convenient transactions on a 24-hour basis; Advantage of access and flexibility.
- GRADS JUST SAY NO. Ballard, Tanya N. // Government Executive;Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the declining public policy graduates in Harvard University in the United States. Poor image of the public sector; Survey on public policy students in Harvard University; Role of institutions designed to train public leaders.