MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, May 17
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, July 16. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p2
Presents data concerning the United States economy and municipal bond market as of July 16, 2001. Major deals; Economic indicators; Government securities prices.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p39
Features data concerning the United States economic condition and bond market performance as of July 16, 2001. U.S. Securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market yields; New-issue balances; Futures markets.
- Munis Take Another Step Down; N.J. Refunds $300 Million of GOs. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decrease of the municipal bonds; Reduction of issuing a general obligation refunding bond; Volatility of the economy.
- Yield Indexes Drop in Spite of Promising Economic Outlook. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p31
Reports on the decline in bond revenues indexes despite better economic conditions and ease of tension between the U.S. and Iraq. Impact of possible war on stock prices; Percentage rise in bond buyer revenues; Percentage rise in municipal bond index.
- Big Numbers Not Seen Rattling Bond Markets. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p2
Reports on economists' views on the movement of the economy in the United States, in June 1999. Key economic indicators for the month; Effects to the bond market.
- Market snapshot. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p2
Presents charts on bond market in the United States. Includes estimates for unemployment claims; Prices of government securities; Index for municipal bond.
- News In Brief: TBMA Sees Recovery In 2002's 2Q . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p2
Focuses on a report released by the Bond Market Association's economic panel regarding its prediction for the U.S. economy through the first and second quarter of 2002. Performance of the economy during the first half of 2002; Word of caution regarding factors that could affect the forecast,...
- Why Wall Street thrives on bad news. Skousen, Mark // Human Events;12/16/96, Vol. 50 Issue 48, p11
Discusses how the bond market governs the economic status of the United States. Ability of interest rates to decline under the right circumstances as shown by emerging market economies; Failure of the United States and other industrial countries to follow sound principles of free-market...
- Munis maintain downward decent; N.Y.C. MTA issue priced, repriced. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p2
Reports trends in bond market in the United States. Views of traders on market status; Role of the Federal Open Market Committee in rising interest rates; Illustration on government securities prices and municipal bond index; Implications for the economy.
- Still Adjusting to Fed Rate Cut, Yield Indexes Mostly Higher. O'Connor,, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p48
Reports that the 'Bond Buyer' yield indexes in the United States moved higher during the last week of March 2001. Yield indexes' reaction to the consumer confidence index; Number of basis points gained by the 20-bond index of general obligation yields and the 30-year revenue bond index.