Philadelphia Fed May Index Declines
- Philadelphia Fed Index Improves to Negative 2.2. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/19/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p12
The article offers information on the improving conditions of the manufacturing sector in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The general business conditions index improved from -22.6 in May 2009 to -2.2 in June 2009. It is stated that the economists surveyed by Thomson Reuters, a news agency, predicted...
- Philadelphia Fed Index Falls to 19.8 in October vs. 22.3 in September. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that the manufacturing sector of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has expanded at a slower pace in October 2013, as the general business conditions index has slipped to 19.8 from 22.3 in September 2013, according to the organization Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's business...
- Statements to the Congress. Boehne, Edward G. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;May93, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p399
Discusses regional economic and monetary conditions of the Third Federal Reserve District. Edward G. Boehne's speech before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, 1993; Proportion of jobs in nonfarm categories; Drop in unemployment rate; District real estate; Manufacturer's...
- City on the skids. // Time;9/24/1990, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p57
Discusses the current fiscal problems in Philadelphia, which, if it cannot raise $400 million by the end of September, may be insolvent. Falling tax revenues, a sagging business economy and loss of federal revenue-sharing funds.
- Beyond the liberty bell. O'Connell, Michele // Secured Lender;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p38
Presents information on the financial aspect associated with the city of Philadelphia. What is Philadelphia comprised of; Description of features of the city; Historical information about the city.
- Philadelphia regains faith in itself. Herbert, Douglas // Christian Science Monitor;12/2/97, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the economic and social recovery of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as of December 2, 1997. Problems the city had to overcome; The positive impact of the four-year old Convention Center; The growing optimism in Philadelphia; The proposed $336 million facelift of the Avenue of the Arts;...
- Cities on the brink. Turque, B.; Beachy, L. // Newsweek;11/19/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p44
Examines why, while no municipal government is worse off than Philadelphia, cities throughout the Northeast are in tough economic straits. Factors forcing city halls to make desperate moves; What Reagan-era cutbacks have cost cities; How new sources of local revenue will be hard to come by in...
- Philadelphia Fed Non-Mfg Regional Index Falls to 41.2 in Nov. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/26/2014, Issue 34217, p1
The region's non-manufacturing sector declined in November, as the general business conditions index slipped to 41.2 from 50.0 in October, this month's Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Report on Business indicates.
- Philadelphia Fed Index Drops to 6.3 in Jan. from 24.3 in Dec. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;2/20/2015, p1
The region's manufacturing sector expanded at a slower pace in January, as the general business conditions index dropped to 6.3 from 24.3 in December, this month's Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Report on Business indicates.