Where Will the Bonds Go?
- California JPA plans taxable deal to acquire private power system. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p4
Reports on California joint-powers authority's plan for a taxable deal to acquire an electric distribution system. Plan to sell revenue bonds to municipalize the northern California power system owned by PacifiCorp; Opposition to large debt issuance.
- Funds Exploit Cheap Utility Debt While Industry Is in Transition. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30957, p7
Reports that high-yield fund managers in the United States are seizing the opportunity to buy their debt at relatively cheap levels during the electric industry's transition to a deregulated market. Risks of deregulation; Secondary trading of pollution control revenue bonds.
- N.C. IOUs suggest deal on deregulation. McEntee, Christopher; Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1A
Reports on the prospect of electric deregulation in North Carolina. Payment of the bonds sold by North Carolina's municipal power agencies.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;10/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30495, p30
Reports that the state of New Jersey is considering legislation to deregulate its electricity market and allow individual companies to issue bonds to securitize stranded costs. Total amount in stranded cost to be securitized by companies through their bond offerings; Provisions imposed under...
- Looking for a Recharge. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p1
Reports on California Treasurer Philip Angelides' proposal to ease electric deregulation in the state. Amount of electricity needed by the state; Establishment of the California Consumer Power and Conservation Authority; Ability of the authority to issue up to ten billion dollars of bonds.
- Florida Municipalities Eye Power System Takeovers. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30714, p4
Reports on the plan of Florida municipalities to purchase their power generation and transmission infrastructure with bonds. Acquisition from Florida Power Corp.; Franchise agreement.
- IMEA's Power Surge. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of the underlying rating on the Illinois Municipal Electric Agency's power supply system revenue refunding bonds to A-plus from A. The upgrade is in conjunction with the sale of 134 million dollar of refunding bonds set for April 2006.
- Few Changes in NFMA's Final Public Power Paper. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p5
Reports that the National Federation of Municipal Analysts issued in June 2004 its final disclosure recommendations on utilities' management and business strategies in the public power sector that contain only a few changes from the draft released in late March 2004. Key issues of interest;...
- Manager for PGE Bid. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p39
This article presents information related to the appointment of an acquisition manager to spearhead Oregon's efforts to purchase the Portland General Electric utility. Dave Garten, a former director of business development at Intel Corp., will oversee the city's efforts to acquire the utility,...