- The 2010 Report on E-Newspapers: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Phillip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/ 1/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for electronic newspapers for the year 2010 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city. The estimates were...
- The Online Advantage. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;2/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 7, p29
Reports on the reaction of the consumer media about the `New York Times' report that Amazon.com is charging publishers for placement of certain books on its Web site. Sample of McGraw-Hill's bestsellers that are aimed at the target audience of online investors; Number of online brokerage...
- A writer at large. Updike, John // New Yorker;09/29/97, Vol. 73 Issue 29, p31
Discusses the author's work as a contributing writer to Seattle, Washington based publisher Amazon.com's project on the Internet. Contribution to the story line by daily visitors to the Web site; Reaction to the plot's twists and turns; Successful finale to the multi-authored work.
- Cry Me a River. Shoulberg, Warren // Home Textiles Today;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
In this article the author discusses the declining profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S.
- Revenues & Losses Jump at Amazon.com as Stock Sinks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the financial performance of Amazon.com Inc. for the second quarter of 2000. Reason for the revenue shortfall; Successor of Joseph Galli as president; Amazon's stock price on July 24, 2000.
- Amazon Q3 Sales In CE Segment Rise 25 Percent. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p42
Reports on the percent increase in third quarter sales of Amazon.com Inc. in consumer electronics segment for the year 2002. Effect of lowering the prices of consumer electronics.
- Amazon Looks to Profit From Moves. Williamson, Richard // Interactive Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p19
Reports on the efforts of Amazon.com to improve its corporate profits. Forecasts on the sales of the company in 2001; Price reduction of Amazon; Shareholder lawsuits filed against the company.
- Amazon Banking on Kindle Fire After Q3 Struggle. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p10
The article announces that Amazon.com Inc. has been reported with increasing sales of 44 percent in the third quarter of 2011 from about 7.6 up to 10.9 billion U.S. dollars, posting a net income of 63 million dollars but still down from the net income of 231 million in the third quarter of 2010.
- U.S. Book Biz Shows Improvement During Amazon.com's Tough Week. // Book Publishing Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p4
Provides an overview on the financial performance of Amazon.com for the second quarter and first half of 2000. Net loss for the quarter; Pro forma net loss per share; Sales performance of its various businesses.