Adult Hardcover Sales Continue To Fall While Children's Sales Recover
- Children's bookbag. // Publishers Weekly;10/27/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 44, p36
Presents information related to children's books and reading as of October 27, 1997. A bimonthly magazine focused on the exploration and discovery of science and nature called `Click' from the Cricket Magazine Group; Comments from author Laurie Lawlor about her latest book `The Biggest Pest on...
- Vote for Books. Helton, Carol // School Library Journal;Dec84, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on the Vote for Books program, in which children in the United States read from a selected list of books and vote for their favorites. Criterion for choosing books; Ways to promote the books; Top book choices for the year 1983-84.
- CHILDREN'S RELIGION. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p37
Features children's books published by religion houses and those offered by the trade in the U.S. as of 2002. Bible story collections.
- Paperbacks for children. Ashby, Adele // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p55
Features a number of paperback books for children with topics on winter and snow. Includes a description of the content of books such as `Katy and the Big snow,' by Virginia Lee Burton, `Brave Irene,' by William Steig, Jane Hissey's `Jolly Snow', Margaret Wise Brown's `The Winter Noisy Book',...
- Paperback plums. // Book Links;Jul95, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p60
Presents a list of paperback books for children. Includes `Mojave,' by Diane Siebert, illustrated by Wendell Minor; `One of Three,' by Angela Johnson, illustrated by David Soman; `Pressure Play,' by Matt Christopher, illustrated by Karin Lidbeck.
- Children's paperbacks shine in murky year: Adult HC sales down. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p118
Reports on the sales growth on children's paperbacks in 1995 in the United States. Increase from 1994 based on the report by the Association of American publishers; Reasons for the sales growth; Performance of the elhi textbook category; Decline in the sales of adult hardcover books.
- Children's bestsellers: Paperback series. // Publishers Weekly;3/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p35
Reveals the top five best-selling children's paperback books for March 1996.
- Paperbacks for children. Ashby, Adele // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p55
Reviews a number of paperbacks for children. Includes `Alphaboo!,' by Carol Thompson, illustrated by Margaret Hartelius; `B Is for Book!' by Frank Rodgers; `By the Light of the Halloween Moon,' by Caroline Stutson, illustrated by Kevin Hawkes.
- Paperbacks for children. Ashby, Adele // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p59
Provides a review for several children's paperbacks. Includes `Green giants,' by Tom Parkin; `The heat is on,' by Shelley Tanaka; `Buried in garbage,' by Bobbie Kalman; `Eat up aims'; Junior series, `Science understandings: The environment,' by Lands End in New Zealand.