Adobe Ebook Reader Now Available At Both Online Bookselling Giants
- BookZone, Adobe In Pact. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p13
Highlights the alliance of BookZone.com, a Web site design, Internet hosting and online publishing consultant, with Adobe Systems to offer a e-publishing service. Software included in the service; Range of clients of BookZone's publisher; Company which is negotiating with BookZone to offer...
- ADOBE. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;11/1/2011, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p3
The article offers updates related to the move of Adobe Systems Inc. One move refers to the acquisition of Typekit by Adobe during a presentation at its conference on October 3, 2011. Another mentions the formal alliance of Adobe and WoodWing Software BV to integrate WoodWing's popular...
- The Race for A Better Read. Quittner, Josh // Time;2/16/2009, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p34
This article presents products which allow users to download books and periodicals easily and cheaply. Products discussed include the electronic book Kindle which is sold by internet bookseller Amazon and a mobile Internet device made by a Chinese company called Aigo with an easily readable...
- Pubs flirt with Kindle but don't carry a torch. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;1/25/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses the decision by periodical and newspaper publishers to sign marketing agreements with Amazon.com to have their publications distributed on that company's Kindle electronic book reader. Although the terms offered by Amazon are less favorable than those it gives book...
- Who's Looking Out for the Reader. // India Currents;Nov2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p62
The article discusses the arguments concerning the launch of Kindle, an electronic book reader, developed by Amazon.com Inc. It focuses on the issues regarding the compatibility of books in portable document format (PDF) file to the Kindle wherein PDF is owned by Adobe Inc. It emphasizes the...
- Amazon Assumes CDNow Chores. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p90
Reports on the online alliances between Amazon.com Inc. and CDNOW Inc. Terms of the agreement; Control of CDNOW by Bertelsmann AG; Independent operation of Amazon's Web site.
- Amazon Supplies Manugistics With A Win. Duvall, Mel // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p59
Reports on the deal signed by the Web-enabled supply chain management systems provider, Manugistics Group Inc. with the online retailer, Amazon.com Incorporated. Significance of the deal; Loss suffered by Manugistics in 1999; Comments from Girish Lakshman, global logistics systems manager at...
- Sotheby's goes On-line with Amazon.com. Cash, Stephanie // Art in America;Sep99, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the alliance between Sotheby's and Amazon.com for a joint auction Web site. Terms of the agreement; Services offered; Mutual benefits of the arrangement; Initial items to be virtually auctioned.
- What's Next for Amazon.com? Haeberle, Matthew // Chain Store Age;Aug2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p93
Reports on the plan of on-line retailer Amazon.com to form partnerships with a number of traditional merchants. Objective of the proposed partnership deal; Benefits of the agreement to both parties; Potential problems to be faced by Amazon.com after the realization of the partnerships.