Sluggish Borders.com Will Relaunch Powered By Former Rival Amazon
- Amazon.com in Pact to Take Over Borders.com. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the acquisition of all service operations of Borders.com by Amazon.com. Business name of the co-branded online site; Benefits of the deal to Borders.com; Services to be offered by the online site.
- Random House Unveils New Royalty Agreement for E-Authors. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 46, p9
Focuses on the royalty agreement announced by Random House for electronic-book authors as of November 2000. Controversies associated with the division of revenue between the publisher and its authors; Financial advantages brought by electronic-book publishing; Benefits of the policy; Response...
- Amazon to operate Borders.com. Prior, Molly // DSN Retailing Today;5/1/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the take over of the Internet operations management of Borders.com by electronic book retailer Amazon.com in the United States. Reason of Amazon for selecting Borders; Features of the co-branded web site formed by the two companies; Background of Borders.
- News of Interest to Bibliophiles, Searchers, and Learners. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Oct2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p7
This section offers news briefs on issues related to book-related developments. Amazon, the major online retailer of books and other products, has announced that it will acquire AbeBooks. Sony's new ebook Reader is the first reading device to support the electronic publishing format. Yahoo! has...
- Why Amazon's Newly Acquired Comixology Is Better Than Your App. // Media Industry Newsletter;4/28/2014, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p7
The article reports on international electronic commerce company Amazon's acquisition of Comixology, a digital comics rendering and distribution firm. Topics discussed include the advantages of the Comixology application from any other digital magazine applications including ability to hold...
- Amazon Buys Stake In Online Drugstore. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p10
Reports that Amazon.com company has acquired stocks of the drugstore.com, a licensed pharmaceutical retailer. Details on the acquisition deal; Information on the pharmaceutical retailer.
- Amazon Buys Netflix Rival. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of European subscription entertainment service Netflix by Amazon.com Inc.
- Amazon Buys Diapers and Soap. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p25
The article reports that Quidsi, operator of the web sites Diapers.com and Soap.com, has been acquired by Amazon.com.
- Amazon to Acquire Kiva Systems for $775 Million. // Material Handling & Logistics;Apr2012, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the move of Online retailer Amazon to buy material handling robot and software maker Kiva Systems Inc. for 775 million dollars in order to improve the retailer's logistics productivity in the U.S.