IPublish Preparing To Dig Through Cyber Slush Pile To Find The Gems
- iPublish Authors Waiting For Royalty Statements. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the failure of iPublish, an electronic book publishing firm, to pay or send royalty statements to authors. Statement issued by the firm on the delay in the outflow of payment statements.
- The Authors Guild Issues Warning About iPublish Contract. // Information Today;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p33
Reports on a warning issued by the Author Guild to its members regarding Time Warner's iPublish division. Rights granted to Time Warner which writers should be aware of; Unusual provisions contained in the publishing contract.
- Guild Blasts iPublish Contract. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p19
Reports that the Authors Guild has issued a warning to writers about signing the electronic publishing contract offered by iPublish.com, Time Warner's e-publishing venture. Reason for the move; Services offered by the venture; Allegations of the guild.
- Demise Of iPublish Validates Competitors' More Conservative Approach To Ebooks. // Book Publishing Report;12/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p3
Reports the warning of iPublish.com company on the need for aspiring electronic-book enterprises to limit investments in the e-book business in the United States. Decision of AOL Time Warner Inc. of terminating its e-book venture; Uncertainty of the e-book business; Inhibitions of considering...
- AOL-Time Warner's iPubish.com comes under fire. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;06/04/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the Authors Guild's criticism against America Online-Time Warner's online iPublish.com. Consideration of the do-it-yourself contract as too broad; Perception of royalty payments to be substandard; Response of editorial director, Claire Zion.
- iPublish.com Sets E-books List. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p10
Deals with the release of a list of electronic books by iPublish.com. Topics covered by the books which are scheduled for publication in September 2000; Statement issued by Claire Zion, editorial director of iPublish.com.
- IPublish.com Works to Develop New Authors. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 42, p14
Presents an update on Time Warner Trade Publishing's iPublish.com as of October 2001. Services of iPublish.com; Electronic book offerings of the service; Number of registered members and consumers.
- Lightning reaches agreements with Simon & Schuster, iPublish.com. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on the partnership agreements signed by Lightning Source with Simon & Schuster Inc. and iPublish.com. Details of the partnership deal.
- FAST FACTS. // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p64
Presents news on the high technology industry as of May 7, 2001. Appointment of Larry Mueller as chief executive officer at Ariba, a provider of business-to-business electronic commerce software; Response of Computer Associates International to the allegation that it overstated its revenue;...