Book Industry Study Group Names B&T Alum Daly Executive Director
- Daly Named BISG Director. // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p17
Deals with the selection of Frank Daly as executive director of the organization Book Industry Study Group. Publishing experiences of Daly in the past.
- BISG looking for a few deep pockets to fund reading study. // Book Publishing Report;12/13/99, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the Book Industry Study Group's plan to change its approach to funding a reading study by asking for more modest contributions from a number of sponsors. Failure of the organization to find a donor willing to provide the bulk of capital need to fund the study; Challenges relating to...
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;7/27/2001, Issue 606, p65
Presents an update on the book industry as of July 27, 2001.
- BISG Panel Explores E-business Models. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p49
Reports on a panel meeting of the New Technology Interest Group held in New York City on September 20, 2000, focusing on electronic publishing (e-publishing). Views of several e-publishing representatives on the trends in the market and their plans for profitability; Projections on the profits...
- Quick Takes. // Vanity Fair;Mar2008, Issue 571, p228
The article presents a list of books and authors including "Our Story Begins," by Tobias Wolff, "Lush Life," by Richard Price, and "Bedtime Stories," by Trey Ellis.
- Spanish Lessons. Lopez, Adriana // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the market share for English and Spanish hardcover editions of works by established Latino and Latin American writers in the U.S. as of March 2003. Market reception for 'Caramelo,' by Sandra Cisneros; Number of copies sold for 'The House on Mango Street,' since its 1994 publication;...
- Trade Book Sales Up 6% In 1998: BISG Report. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/23/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the increase in sales of trade books in 1998, according to the Book Industry Study Group's (BISG) Book Industry Trends 1999 study. Publishers' net dollar sales in 1998; Factors which contributed to the improvement in sales of trade books; Predictions from BISG regarding expenditures...
- Hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 41, p16
Presents updates on the book publishing industry. Book based on the discovery of a burial site at an Egyptian oasis that may contain mummies; Reactions to the publication of the book `Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: An American Controversy'; Three books based on Web originated material that...
- GALLEY TALK. // Publishers Weekly;6/6/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 23, p5
In this article, the author cites the enduring fascination of readers with an insider look at the book business.