Canadian Publisher Opens New Office To Bring Titles To The U.S
- Stewart House poised to leave distribution. Spendlove, Paul // Quill & Quire;Nov2002, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the financial performance of the Canadian-based publishing company, Stewart House Publishing Inc. for the year 2002. Cash flow problems and legal claims; Business agreements; Book distribution operations.
- Stewart House Expands Into the U.S. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;6/4/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 23, p17
Deals with the decision of Stewart House Publishing Inc. to open an office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Executive vice president and publisher appointed for the business unit; Background on the publishing business of the company.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
Presents news briefs related to book publishing as of May 28, 2001. Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group's acquisition of the assets of two trade book publishers; Stewart House's start of operation of Stewart House Distribution Services.
- Stewart House Sold to Former M&S V-P. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p22
Reports that Stewart House, formerly part of McClelland & Stewart, has been sold to former vice-president of sales and marketing, Ken Thomson, only three months after its inception. Comments from Avie Bennett, McClelland & Stewart's chairman of the board; Bookstore lines that Thomson plans to...
- Camden housing target threatens Kingsway deal. // Estates Gazette;2/9/2002, Issue 206, p43
Reports on the effect of Camden's council affordable housing target on the sale of Stewart House, Kingsway, WC2 in London, England. Background on the building; Aims of Camden concerning housing; State of the planned redevelopment of King's Cross.
- Steward House in Bankruptcy. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p66
Announces that Stewart House Publishing Inc. and Stewart House Distribution Services Inc. have filed for voluntary bankruptcy in mid-January 2003. Offices closed by Stewart House; Worth of its debts; Creditors of the companies.
- The fall of Stewart House. Spendlove, Paul // Quill & Quire;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p4
Reports on bankruptcy of Stewart House Publishing Inc. as of March 2003. Factors responsible for the bankruptcy according to the company's president Ken Thomson; Impact of a shift in the company's focus, following its acquisitions by Thomson in 2000, on the company's financial performance;...
- Fall of the Houses of Stewart. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p57
Announces that Stewart House Publishing Inc. and Stewart House Distribution Services Inc. have folded. Offices closed by the companies; Worth of their debts; Creditors of the companies.
- Stewart House faces growing pains. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Jul2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p6
Reports the challenges faced by Stewart House, the distribution and book-packaging company in the U.S. Details on lay-offing of employees in the firm in early May 2002; Influence of slow economic growth on performance of the distribution firm; Financial background; Company background.