BookWorld Services Hires Reps To Cater To Independent Booksellers
- New Distributor Launched To Target New Age Market Off To A Fast Start. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p4
Reports on book distributor BookWorld Services' launch of a New Age book distribution unit. Projected sales of the unit; Success of BookWorld's Christian Distribution Services unit.
- Sunny Outlook for Florida Distributor. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p38
Reports on an increase in sales for Florida-based BookWorld Services Inc. for 2000. Value of the company's sales; Factors attributed to the increase in sales, according to Ronald Ted Smith, president of the company.
- Crown looks to colleges for new talent. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/1/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 36, p24
Presents information on Crown Book's efforts to spur growth after a net loss in 1997. Comments from president Steve Stevens; College-recruitment program; Implementation of Intrepid's InformAction system; Addition of more Muze for Books kiosk systems.
- Bookworld signs up five. // Publishers Weekly;7/10/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 28, p19
Reports on the acquisition by BookWorld Services Inc. of distribution rights from five publishers.
- Florida distributor to triple warehouse. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;3/17/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p33
Reports that Bookworld Services plans to triple its space by June 1997. The publishers represented by the book distributor.
- Bookworld to telemarket. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p25
Reports on the creation of a full time telemarketing department by BookWorld Services, a Sarasota, Fla. book distributor.
- Two hundred and counting! Mutter, John; Heidkamp, Maria // Publishers Weekly;2/15/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p17
Announces that BookWorld Services, the Sarasota, Fla., book distributor, has signed up its 200th publisher-client: Stones Point Press, Belfast, Maine, whose lead title is `Business Not as Usual.' Run by Ronald Ted Smith; Expansion of BookWorld; Location of BookWorld.
- Bookworld distribution. // Publishers Weekly;6/27/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 26, p19
Reports on BookWorld Distribution's addition of seven publishers as clients. Contact information.
- The bookstore battle. Gale, Sarah Fister // Workforce Management;Jan2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p51
Compares the recruitment strategies and operations of Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores in the U.S. Differences in the appearances of their employees; Information on the average annual sale of both stores; Training methods used by the bookstore for their new employees. INSET: ARE THE...