Random House Names Chi President, Forms New Sales & Operations Group
- Chi Named Random House President. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the appointment of Y.S. Chi as executive vice president of Random House (RH). Responsibilities of Chi; Number-one priority of Chi at the company according to RH chairman Peter Olson; Details on the restructuring at RH.
- Ammer Named to Global Post at Random. Millliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the appointment of Bonnie Ammer as executive vice president, publisher at large at Random House Worldwide. Positions that Ammer will give up for the appointment; Responsibilities of Ammer; Plans of Ammer for the company.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/6/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 23, p6
Presents news briefs on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Information on the launch of Random House India; Appointment of Y. S. Chi as vice chairman of Elsevier; Personnel management plans of Scholastic Library Publishing.
- Serving authors and readers. Harris, Siân // Research Information;Jun/Jul2011, Issue 54, p26
An interview with YS Chi, chairman of Elsevier BV's management committee, is presented. Chi shares his optimistic thoughts on publishers. He claims that the fundamental role of publishers has not changed much. Furthermore, he reveals his views on copyright as well as encourages the need for...
- RANDOM NOTES. Miner, Brad // National Review;3/5/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p49
Examines the views of Random House publishing company manager Alberto Vitale on the status of the publishing industry. Little change in the character of book publishing; Impact of the trend toward the formation of conglomerations of publishers.
- Other Press Looks to The General Trade. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the hiring of several former Random House executives by Other Press. Background of Other Press; Categories of books offered by Other Press.
- Grann Named Vice-Chairman of Random. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the selection of Phyllis Grann as vice chairman of Random House Inc., a publishing company. Description on the position given to Grann; Commendation of Peter Olson, chairman of the company, on the significance of Grann in the operations of the company; Speculations on the nature of...
- Mitchell Moving To Del Rey. // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p18
Focuses on management changes made at Del Rey Books by Ballantine Books publisher Gina Centrello, as of December 2001. Selection of Betsy Mitchell as vice president and editor-in-chief; Appointment of Kuo-Yu Liang as marketing director.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;9/19/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 37, p11
This article reports on employee selection in the publishing industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Jaci Updike, formerly Random House vice-president of national accounts at Barnes & Noble, has been named vice-president, director of Random House adult sales. Maryvel Bergen, formerly director...