- How do I switch from medicine? Willmott, Ben; Moran, Michael; Lees, John // People Management;Oct2011, p66
The article presents pieces of advice to a medical doctor who is also a chartered member of the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Developmen (CIPD), who is planning on transitioning to the third sector as a senior manager, focusing on well-being at work. Ben Willmott, senior human...
- Staying on the frontline. Ahmed, Maria // Children & Young People Now;Sep2010 Social Work Now, p10
The article examines the role of social workers who work as frontliners in Great Britain. It accounts the story of a social worker Majidah Akbar who was confused of her career. It notes that Akbar was given another role as professional pilot, who is responsible for the improvement and retention...
- StaffShare service helps retain and spread knowledge across sectors. Weekes, Sue // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the benefits of StaffShare, an online skills exchange which aims to connect employers with under-utilised employees who are available for secondment in Great Britain. It reveals that StaffShare provides an innovative and practical way to save skills and develop employee...
- Upgrading success. // People Management;Jul2015, p59
The article discusses the Learning and Development Show in may 2015 which was attended by the membership and qualifications team of CIPD.
- FLEXIBLE EVENING. // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p50
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Flexible Learning to be held on May 23, 2007. The open evening learning session, to be conducted at the Wimbledon offices of the institute, will provide attendees the chance to review learning...
- Why it's good to talk shop. MacLeod, Ken // People Management;5/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p62
Provides information on the career management group that was formed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's West of Scotland branch. Aim of the career management group; How the group works; Its comparison to a recruitment agency.
- Careers help for students. // People Management;Oct2014, p62
The article offers information on the pilot career mentoring schemes and programs launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development for its student members in Great Britain.
- L&D research. // People Management;Jun2015, p60
The article presents information on the report "L&D: Evolving Roles, Enhancing Skills" which examines learning and development (L&D) in companies and which was produced by the organization Towards Maturity and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- ROUND-UP. // People Management;Jan2012, p54
A podcast featuring John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and Jean Tomlin, human resources (HR) director of the London 2012 Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games, is discussed.