Transfers of skill
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Highlights news items from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for the month of September 2000. Details on an open evening to be held by CIPD for anyone interested in finding more about the advanced certificate in employment law; Information on the International Forum...
- Mix-and-merge formula. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p13
Stresses the role of human resource management in the merger decisions of corporations. Role of accountants and lawyers in the merger process; Reasons for the failure of mergers based on the survey conducted by Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development organization.
- On top of the world. Brewster, Chris; Harris, Hilary; Sparrow, Paul // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p36
Focuses on the growing labor market of international human resource (HR) professionals. Findings of a research project commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Management on international HR executives; Factors affecting the business activities of international HR executives;...
- Adopting a braver approach to your job. Clake, Rebecca // People Management;11/25/2010, p36
The author presents information on courage as an essential behavior of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain in 2010. Issues on HR professionals' courage to challenge may be addressed by a Next Generation HR research being conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- Do I need a law qualification? // People Management;11/25/2010, p38
The article provides an answer to a question of the importance of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualifications to the success of a human resource (HR) professional.
- Handling the media. // Personnel Today;9/23/2003, p22
This article describes how HR director must handle media after his organisation has made huge job cuts. Handling skilful journalists is a concern for anyone in a media-facing role, but HR people in particular are being forced to learn fast. In response to the growing concern among HR people, the...
- Where next for the HR profession? // People Management;Oct2014, p8
The article presents the views of Susannah Clements and Norman Pickavance, both human resources (HR) experts and members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, about the state of the HR profession in Great Britain. Clements talked about the importance of a HR-driven initiative...
- FAST TRACK. // People Management;12/9/2010, p51
This section offers news briefs on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain as of December 9, 2010 including the CIPD podcast on the skills needed by the next generation of human resource (HR) leaders, plan of CIPD to run an online open evening on postgraduate...
- Former director of the IPM dies. // People Management;2/10/2011, p11
The article reports that former Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development director Bernard Dixon passed away at the age of 81.